Forum

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP- GAME WEEK

6 years 3 months ago #78124 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP- GAME WEEK
That's about what I saw. Nosebleed in the corners for about $1800 + service fees, so $2k. That's about $3k under what I was seeing yesterday after the Rose Bowl.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #78125 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP- GAME WEEK
One of the things we talk a LOT about here on this forum is "half-time adjustments", something Richt never seemed to ever make, and that's not a slam on the former HC, just an observation that was made here more than once.

But sometimes it is VERY instructive to witness the POWER of half-time adjustments. Check this out:

Our defense came out as a completely different team in the second half. Calm and composed. Hopefully they won't have to do much adjusting against Bama, but it's nice to know they CAN if they need to.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 3 months ago #78126 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP- GAME WEEK
To see where that graphic came from, watch this video. This shows how much everyone appreciates extremely well played college football:

duckduckgo.com/?q=first+things+first+ros...deos&iai=M_fsGinfIfg

More
6 years 3 months ago #78127 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP- GAME WEEK
Spot on with the halftime adjustments thriller... my mother and I were texting during the game (she's an FSU fan so she's not seen us play alot) and she was worried right before halftime that it could get out of hand cause we couldn't stop them...I told her about the mizzou game where they scored their first 3 or 4 possessions but we won 52-28 after making halftime adjustments... we just had to keep it close till halftime and we'd be a different team in the second half... by the fourth quarter she said wow, you really know your team....

In Kirby we trust... we're never out of any game... and that's refreshing after knowing for so many years that we had lost so many games by halftime

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #78128 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP- GAME WEEK
An interesting watch. I completely agree with Justin Fields that Jake Fromm is going to be put on center stage in this game and he's going to have to perform - even moreso than he has had to all season. I expect Alabama to study the game on the plains and see how Auburn shut down our run game. I'm not saying Bama will be able to shut down the run game, but they're definitely going to slow it down, you can bank on it.

More
6 years 3 months ago #78129 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP- GAME WEEK

sadlerdawg wrote: Spot on with the halftime adjustments thriller... my mother and I were texting during the game (she's an FSU fan so she's not seen us play alot) and she was worried right before halftime that it could get out of hand cause we couldn't stop them...I told her about the mizzou game where they scored their first 3 or 4 possessions but we won 52-28 after making halftime adjustments... we just had to keep it close till halftime and we'd be a different team in the second half... by the fourth quarter she said wow, you really know your team....

In Kirby we trust... we're never out of any game... and that's refreshing after knowing for so many years that we had lost so many games by halftime

The difference in this game is Saban is going to know the type of adjustments Kirby will make and will have already adjsuted to the adjustments. I am not sure this one comes down to that as much as the Rose Bowl did. Saban and 'Bama probably are not going to have our defense confused and out of position. They are just going to line up and go at it, betting on execution and physicality to win it for them while their D holds us in check.

In the Rose Bowl, we outsmarted and out physical-ed them in that 2nd half. This however will be mano-a-mano for 60 minutes. Big asp boy SEC football.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds