Forum

Game Day: ROSE BOWL

6 years 3 months ago #78100 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Game Day: ROSE BOWL
People can talk about his stats if they want, but he has done everything he's been asked to do. No one can fault him
for what he hasn't done when he hasn't been asked to do it!

We need to give it up for him, and for the offense. We talked all along about this teams D, but the O stepped up big time
when we had to have them do it.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #78102 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Game Day: ROSE BOWL
After a night of rest and calming down from near heart attack conditions, that was hands down the best college game I've ever seen. Hell, it was the best football game I've ever seen. The only game I know of that comes close to that game was, as I said previously, the 2006 Rose Bowl. This is a game we're going to be talking about for a generation.

As sweet as it is to be where we are, it's also bitter that we've only got 1 game left with this group of guys. #27 and #1 leave a huge legacy and a massive stage to step on to for our future pups at tailback. #7 stepped up a huge way. #3? What is left to be said? (I can't imagine Smith says for his senior season).

Guys, what a season this has been. This is the one we've been waiting to see for a very, very, very, very, very, very long time.

All this talk about Fromm not lighting it up is just butt hurt punditry talking out of the side of their mouths. That guy has shown poise, intelligence, confidence, swagger, and patience that most true freshman can only replicate on a video game. He executed the game plan near flawlessly this season. When did make mistakes, he got up quickly, dusted himself off and didn't let it rattle him. I'm just beyond impressed with him.

And I'm going give ya'll a big see-I-told-you-so: I knew Kirby was the man for the job. I never once doubted it, even in the throws of doubt that some folks here had and were quick to bemoan last season. I don't think YD nor Buc did either. I knew the man knows football and he knows what it takes to win championships. He knows the process and we've seen the day-by-day installation of the process at UGA. And we see where it has gotten us, in season #2 of the Smart era. Not only has our team bought in, but our recruits have bought in in a huge way. The future looks blindingly bright for this program.

What a game. What a season.

I'm at a loss for words to describe just how unbelievable that game was.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
6 years 3 months ago #78105 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Game Day: ROSE BOWL

sflanagan21 wrote: Fromm’s stats may not jump off the page but the kid made the plays he needed to and when he needed to! We wouldn’t be where we are without him!

Go Dawgs!

Back from my crying session and REVERSE trolling a punk from Oklahoma - he'll be getting that forever, until we lose to Oklahoma, which might be a long time from now.

Talk about stats?

Faker Mayfield:
23 of 35 for 65.7%, 287 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 5 sacks for -43 yards, QBR 147.7

Jake Fromm:
20 of 29 for 69.0%, 210 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INT, 2 sacks for -18 yards, QBR 152.6.

Honestly - who had the better stats?

In my HONEST opinion, Fromm is the better QB.

Yes, I said that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Wartdawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, growl, sflanagan21

More
6 years 3 months ago #78107 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Game Day: ROSE BOWL
Wasn't Mayfield something like 7-14 for under 70 yards and an INT in the 2nd half? 1 for 8 on third downs?

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 3 months ago #78110 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Game Day: ROSE BOWL
One more eye-opening stat, and one that I would have NEVER believed prior to the game:

Oklahoma - average yards per play = 6.56 yards.

Georgia - average yards per play = 8.37 yards.

Another hard to believe stat - if you had told me this stat PRIOR to the game, I would have said we lost:

Oklahoma - time of possession = 32:58

Georgia - time of possession = 27:02

And finally, scratching my head over this one:

Oklahoma - total offensive snaps = 81.

Georgia - total offensive snaps = 63.

Someone remind me again . . . WHICH team was supposed to have the more explosive offense?! Because it sure doesn't look like Oklahoma on PAPER.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
6 years 3 months ago #78112 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Game Day: ROSE BOWL

SouthernDawg wrote:
And I'm going give ya'll a big see-I-told-you-so: I knew Kirby was the man for the job. .

I knew Kirby was the man for the job, and had been saying so for a couple of years before he was hired ! :P

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds