Forum

GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS AUBURN

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #77544 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS AUBURN
Wartdawg posted above . . . .

His only reponse to that rush was max protect without realizing that when you have 8 blocking on a two man pass pattern that the D can then have rhat many more coming as well... the notion of TE’s chipping to help with the rush and then releasing is a concept he can’t even conceive. Play action on 1st down and then slants... nope. No traps on their interior linemen who were shooting gaps.

Have been quiet about the above, however . . . . Goes back to what one member has said from the beginning . . . . something not quite right about the offensive front. Several times on this board have read the questioning of not utilizing the tight ends. Goes back to what one member has said . . . . coaches apparently are not confident without tight ends blocking, pass protection, call it whatever.

See where some blogs are all over Jake Fromm. I call BS. Tight ends blocking, max protection, still hurried or sacked, speaks to an UNDERLYING PROBLEM.

If this is who we are in year two of the changeover, ok. Want more, but 2018 class can help. Do not understand not using #7 Swift. Young pup can run for yardage, also has hands, giving Fromm one more shot at a gain and easing pass pressure. For sure Jake can and does read defenses, WHEN HE HAS TIME.

I sometimes wonder if the meeting in Chaney's office last season by Nick and Sony has somehow changed things too much. Ran into a team Saturday that has a defensive coordinator that "sees things". Gus continues to look goofy while some around him get the job done.

Going to ATL regardless of the regular season outcome, some changes are necessary.

Edit: Not a damn thing wrong with Jake's arm, that is not or should not be an issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #77545 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS AUBURN
I saw an article yesterday rhat said the performance Saturday should cause UGA concern about Fromm.

Utter rubbish.

That young man had players all over him every time he dropped back.

I will say though there was a beautiful thing also seen in that article: The Bulldog nation responded and almost universally took the writer to task and called out his BS as garbage writing.

I’ve said it... Buc said it.. we here know it, and most of Blulldog nation knows it.. there is little concern about Fromm.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 4 months ago #77546 by Buc
This is where "some" in the media will say anything for those "clicks". Has not changed in eons. More pronounced with the arrival of the internet.

Pretty simple me thinks and concurring with Wartdawg I think . . . . If I know in advance what you are going to do, I win the shootout at the OK Corral. Defensive coordinator for Auburn has been around too long to not recognize the opponents game plan. Front line on defense had Brown and Russell, both heavily recruited by us. That has to stop and I see some of that now. One other thing . . . . beginning to think that Hill will sign with Auburn. I hope not, but . . . . I also wanted Brown and Russell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 4 months ago #77547 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS AUBURN

Buc wrote: This is where "some" in the media will say anything for those "clicks". Has not changed in eons. More pronounced with the arrival of the internet.

Pretty simple me thinks and concurring with Wartdawg I think . . . . If I know in advance what you are going to do, I win the shootout at the OK Corral. Defensive coordinator for Auburn has been around too long to not recognize the opponents game plan. Front line on defense had Brown and Russell, both heavily recruited by us. That has to stop and I see some of that now. One other thing . . . . beginning to think that Hill will sign with Auburn. I hope not, but . . . . I also wanted Brown and Russell.

That's correct Buc... 100% exactly correct. The only time it isn't is when the bad guys are just completely outgunned.

When the bad guys are NOT completely outgunned, then you have to have a plan B when they know plan A. I would venture to say that a plan B never even crossed our OC mind as something to have ready. I would venture he didn't even have any wrinkles in his plan A.

I would even go so far as to say he didn't even utilize all of his usual plan A **coughSWIFTcough**.

Our OC just nuts up when any pressure is applied. We saw it repeatedly with bizzare play calls last year in tight high pressure situations, and we saw it on Saturday.

Just the way I see it.

In other news.... our O-line is still not where it needs to be to compete consistently with elite d-lines. That unit was just whipped.
Good thing is that we are young at a couple of spots there and have some more troops on the way in 2018.

Defense... I am not worried.. this game snowballed on them. The O couldn't do anything to speak of.. the D started pressing and that led to mistakes. I'm still a believer in that unit.

I'm still a believer in all f our units to be honest.. despite my disappointment and critique, I think we are still a bit "ahead of schedule" on what Kirby is trying to build.

The key thing for me is not what happened this past week, but how we respond going forward.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #77548 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS AUBURN
When the o line was still coming together, early in the season, it was suggested on here that Chaney should use some sweeps, swings and slants to get our playmakers in space and soften up the d's middle... he did ( not because of the suggestions I'm sure, but still..)..and it worked and took alot of pressure off the line, and helped open the middle for our backs. ... when our line is getting whipped in a game, maybe realize we aren't gonna be able to keep running up the middle and try some of the play calls that helped in the past.
As bad as that game was, we still had a realistic shot late in the 3rd

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #77549 by Buc
Kirby Smart said after the game that there were coaching mistakes. True. Now what?

Has been suggested on many boards and the media that some like to refer to Georgia as Alabama East.

I say that leading to this . . . . Watched the Alabama/Mississippi State game, close game. Last quarter Alabama left their primary way of offensive football. grantham had them figured at that point. Offense opened up the play book and that caused problems and in my estimation that was as referred to above by Wartdawg as a "different offensive plan". Sometimes to make something work, have to take a different color crayon out of the box to finish making the end result favorable. Little doubt in my mind that "certain players" on the defensive side were beside themselves with the play calling.

This "should" be one of the "trying times" that Coach Smart needs to take a closer look. I do not believe he was calling the plays in the game. Might be he should not, if not, blame does not fall on him just because he is the head coach. Question is this . . . . "What would Saban do"? Ask Lane Kiffin. My thoughts are Chaney expects to be called on the carpet by "FANS" and with a lack of "adjustments" in the play book, that is the reason head coaches hire offensive coordinators. Say again, do that a lot . . . . James Coley, former offensive coordinator at Miami and Florida State should not be in the right seat, left seat is where he belongs.

Edit: Reason Coley left FSU and went to Miami was because Jimbo Fisher had Coley practicing and putting the game plan in each week. Problem arose on Saturdays when Jimbo totally took over the play calling. Did not sit well with Coley. Coley knows the game, expects much. He will not remain as a receiver coach at Georgia for long. When and if he leaves, South Florida talent moves away from Athens. Bet that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds