Forum

Dawgs vs Gamecocks

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #77366 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Dawgs vs Gamecocks
Thriller I agree with you 100%, back a couple of years ago this would be a game that we could look forward to a big hiccup,dont believe such is the case now. Do think the score will be more like UGA 38- Gamechicks 3 though. The defense still wants another shutout.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #77367 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Dawgs vs Gamecocks
I don't think there's any more or less concern with the focus of Scar than there was with our previous opponents. They'll scheme for us, practice against the run, etcetera etcetera, just like everybody else did.

There is nothing in their body of work to date that lends me to believe they pose any greater threat than anyone else we've faced. Stats alone paint a bad picture for the cock in this game.

If there is an area of concern, it's whether or not Kirby can keep this team grounded, and not sold on the hype of a number one ranking. That's worked out pretty well so far and I firmly believe we cover the spread this week.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
6 years 4 months ago #77368 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Dawgs vs Gamecocks

LimeyDawg wrote: If there is an area of concern, it's whether or not Kirby can keep this team grounded, and not sold on the hype of a number one ranking. That's worked out pretty well so far and I firmly believe we cover the spread this week.

LimeyDawg, I agree with that, and was concerned until I read THIS:

" Question - When you're on a streak of lopsided outcomes like the past six games, what do you say to the team during the week, particularly the younger guys, to make sure they stay focused?

'You don't have to say anything. They go out and practice. Practice is tough. I mean, we don't go out there in practice and get a big 28-point lead or anything and shut it down. We go at each other and try to create a culture of toughness and playing hard. We really didn't play that way defensively against Florida. There are clips all over the field where guys are turning down contact, not wanting to hit people. We showed it to our players. We have to correct that in practice and the young players were part of that. ' "
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #77369 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Dawgs vs Gamecocks
Another reason to believe in Kirby and his methods - here he quotes the O'Jays, "Backstabbers":

“I keep repeating that, but I guess nobody believes us,” Smart said. “That maybe we’re just saying that and we all sit around and just pat ourselves on the back. That’s not what’s going on here. Our kids have been made aware, (and) it’s been a common theme for us throughout the year, that they’re smiling in your face. And that’s what people do.”

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
6 years 4 months ago #77370 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Dawgs vs Gamecocks
1 is just a number....keep chopping wood one Saturday at a time

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
6 years 4 months ago #77371 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Dawgs vs Gamecocks
The enemy has most always been ourselves as much as it has been our opponents, as noted by thriller and others.

No... SCar does not scare me at all. We are the better team.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds