Forum

Dawgs vs Gamecocks

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #77331 by Buc
Dawgs vs Gamecocks was created by Buc
Kirby Smart and Will Muschamp show about to begin.

Both coaches as most of us know are very good friends and quite frankly are big time defensive teachers/instructors.

Glad this particular game is being played in Athens. Seems momentum has been steadily building for our players and this could and should be a just reward. Also, this particular game might have an influence on certain players that are not yet committed, or with the possibility of being flipped.

Bentley has added running to his passing abilities. This game should give us a better idea of who we are because I think Bentley is a better than average passer. Not a doubt in my mind that Smart and Company this Monday morning have put the gator game behind and are preparing for some who believe this game will be a better test than the gators. I am one that believes that.

Bentley reminds me a lot of Ole Miss quarterback Shea Patterson. Maybe the best we have faced or will face this season.

video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs...7a9b247d&action=view
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 5 months ago #77332 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Dawgs vs Gamecocks
I think it will be a tougher test as well. UF was completely one dimensional and our strength shut that
dimension down.

I keep saying at some point someone is going to just keep on with 8 or 9 in the box play after play after
play, and force From to go over the top under pressure.

I am already over the Florida win and I am still wary about the UGA trip-up, no matter how much the
culture seems to have changed. Every school we will play concerns me!

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, dawgs_fans_dad

More
6 years 5 months ago #77334 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Dawgs vs Gamecocks
Everything in this thread so far is right on the money, you both are so right , every Saturday from this point on is tougher than the last no matter who we are playing!!!!!!!!! GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
6 years 5 months ago #77337 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Dawgs vs Gamecocks

Wartdawg wrote: I think it will be a tougher test as well. UF was completely one dimensional and our strength shut that
dimension down.

I keep saying at some point someone is going to just keep on with 8 or 9 in the box play after play after
play, and force From to go over the top under pressure.

I am already over the Florida win and I am still wary about the UGA trip-up, no matter how much the
culture seems to have changed. Every school we will play concerns me!

Good read Wartdawg.

Regardless of what is said by many in the media and blogs in general, pressure is building with this "talented" group of Dawgs. I do not believe that this group of coaches will change or mess with "their process" in practice leading up to the Gamecocks. We are finally fortunate to have "game seasoned" coaches that understand the meaning of practicing with a "purpose" in mind.

While this is two head coaches that are friends, have coached together and respect each other, never doubt for a second that if they were playing marbles or facing off on a dart board, they once played to win, now they coach to win.

Chief, just something about this game that makes me take a closer look than say, a month or even two weeks back.

Personally want the Gamecocks to load it up in the box and be strong enough to force us into a pitch and catch game . . . . and that could happen this Saturday in Athens. I have seen enough now from our receivers to know that they can play the 50/50 game against most defenders, put it up Jake, or maybe I should say Chaney. I also know this . . . . with the running backs that we have and if the offensive line continues to be "just good enough", loaded box at some point will be made to realize just how good this group is.

Been longer than I can remember feeling as good as I do (with some caution) about our overall game. That means Special Teams, Defense and Offense.

Again Chief, I believe that Kirby is making sure that our tight ends and maybe one in particular understands who is boss. That will not change as long as Kirby Smart wears the big hat.

South Carolina is not the same team that started the 2017 Season, sometimes big scores do not tell the true story of a football game, seen that enough over the years.

Dang right, like our punter and kicker. Both on scholarship. ;)

Athens will truly be rocking on Saturday, not an empty seat in the house. Hoping for a win, do not care about the final score.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl, dawgs_fans_dad

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 5 months ago #77338 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Dawgs vs Gamecocks
You are so right Buc, thought someone might be in the Dawghouse!!!!!!!!! Again!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
6 years 5 months ago #77339 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Dawgs vs Gamecocks
Speaking about the Dawghouse . . . . Julian Rochester might think twice about taking his helmet off. Kirby was mad. Another "teaching" moment. Rochester needs to play big this Saturday . . . . with his hat on. ;)

www.georgiadogs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1098
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds