Forum

Dawgs vs Gamecocks

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #77353 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Dawgs vs Gamecocks
Georgia is a 22.5-point favorite over South Carolina.

Gotten to the point with the 2017 Football Team not sure how to live with the projections I have seen thus far. I really believe that the Gamecocks might stir up some trouble Saturday. Pass rush would be a very good thing, make their quarterback hurry up a bit.

Glad to get many or most of our defensive players back, much different than years prior. Cannot say enough about the "depth" we have now and what appears to be another great recruiting year. Recruiting with a formula firmly in place, finally.

Thriller, you are often called on to play "Las Vegas" on Dawgs.com . . . . what say you? Said earlier in this thread that score did not matter, by that meaning, just win.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 5 months ago #77354 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Dawgs vs Gamecocks
Buc... on board.....just win.....

Think Vegas has been fairly accurate....with spread .... maybe Mizzou..we didn’t cover

As you also know.....Chipmunk had much to say about Georgia.....

Weird Sunday game last year in Columbia.... as you correctly noted good to be back in Sanford

Process continues...

As Wart noted.... bandwagon is crowded....much more then it was in April after the G-game..hmmm

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #77355 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Dawgs vs Gamecocks
Over the past many years, being confident in UGA football has never really been something I've experienced... so having confidence is definitely an odd feeling.... the days of "Georgia gonna Georgia" are over...i don't see this weekend's game being competitive much after midway thru the 2nd quarter...i haven't been concerned with any of our games this year other than ND and Miss St.... the only one I'm concerned with now is assburn...i know, I know, one game at a time and over confidence and all that.... but damn it's a great feeling to actually feel confident in your team's program.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 5 months ago #77356 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Dawgs vs Gamecocks
This one is for all the marbles in the east, so I can't imagine any scenario where Kirby doesn't have this team focused. And, we've seen what focus looks like. Its pretty good.

I'm watching the replay of the FL game, in particular the play of Jake Fromm. There has been much made about how little Jake throws, the implication being that perhaps his game is weak or some nonsense. I don't see how anyone, watching what Fromm does, not recognize the talent there. More often than not, his numbers get clipped due to dropped balls rather than poor throws. The kid is money. It's my guess that, when Kirby has to let Fromm carry the team, it's the receivers that will determine the success of that campaign. Kirby keeps an ace in his back pocket.

One other thing that jumps out: there are some grown-assed men playing for this team. The D always comes to the ball with bad intent. Where this becomes important is the fact that many of these same kids played on last year's team that underperformed, and it points to the importance of players buying into the program AND the power of the program Coach wants to implement. If this us the framework for Georgia going forward, we might well be seeing the basis of our dynasty. Long over due, but sure to be fun to watch.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 5 months ago #77358 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Dawgs vs Gamecocks
Sadler.... right there when it came to Georgia being Georgia.....experienced it first hand

Watching the Tech game last year from Section 117..... awful feeling... seeing us just keep deflating..

Always ...hate to lose....but to me....it’s more about how you lose....

So much has changed for the good.....

See both the UT and UF games this year for the revised meaning of...”Georgia being Georgia “

Much...much ...more enjoyable.....fact..

Agree...Kirby’s experience at Bama taught him how to keep our players focused....

Keep chopping...... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, sadlerdawg

More
6 years 5 months ago #77359 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Dawgs vs Gamecocks
As long as they are focused this week we will be fine. One play at a time!!!!!!! GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds