Forum

Dawgs vs Gamecocks

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #77360 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Dawgs vs Gamecocks
This should concern us:

I'll give Muschamp this - he's not reading any of this as a script as he breaks down our players on both sides of the ball and how we've had success this season. He's got this committed to memory - and his knowledge of our players runs deep. Even to the high school level. He accurately points out the strengths of players and what they did in games this season - from memory. He accurately points out the offensive line improvement. He's on this game. He's showing a lot more maturity as a coach now, and that's exactly why SC is playing better football. You can bank on them being ready for Georgia. This will be the toughest defense we have faced all season with a top flight linebacking corps.

We had better take this one seriously. Like I said after the GA/FU game - it gets real now. It gets very real.

Ignore those playoff seeds tonight. Rat poison.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #77361 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Dawgs vs Gamecocks
Absolutely Southerdawg......rat poison gets stronger and the size of the pile of chips on the table gets bigger...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
6 years 4 months ago #77362 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Dawgs vs Gamecocks
SouthernDawg, if the Gamecock players are as tuned in as their head coach, going to be some serious SEC football on Saturday. Muschamp dotted the i's and crossed the t's in the video, believe he has found himself a landing spot in Columbia that can only get better. Looking forward to the contest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 4 months ago #77363 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Dawgs vs Gamecocks
Kirby answering some questions after practice on Tuesday. His comments reflect another reason that Jake Fromm is the starter. Jake understands the game of football. Unusual for some, not for the likes of Jake and AM. Leadership produces results.

Have you emphasized explosive run plays in the offense? What's led to so many of those?
''Good backs, good movement. Couple of times, good scheme. Blocking downfield by receivers. Quarterback putting us in the right play. There's a lot that goes into an explosive run because you'd like to think that, even though you block 'em all, there's usually one left to make the tackle. I think when you combine the fact that we have good backs with a good scheme and receivers blocking downfield, and the quarterback putting you in a good play, that's what you get sometimes.''
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 4 months ago #77364 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Dawgs vs Gamecocks
I believe that Coach Smart will keep this team on an even keel, concentrating on only one thing, The Next Game. GATA!!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
6 years 4 months ago #77365 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Dawgs vs Gamecocks
Muschimp isn't scaring me. I do not think South Carolina is the best team, or even the best defense we have played this year. I think we saw that in week 2, and possibly again in week 4. The only thing that frightens me about this weekend is US. Can we handle the rat poison that was handed to us last night? I think we can . . .

UGA 31, 'Cocks 13.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds