Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

6 years 11 months ago #76443 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Wartdawg Agree with all you say. I have lost all interest of what's going on Athens. Same ole,same ole. Not impressed with the football thing at all, based on the spring game. Hope the new gym dawgs coach can put some life back in that program.
As always, GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Member since 1999

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #76444 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Has the site shut down or something?

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
6 years 11 months ago #76445 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Well after the performance at G Day it seems like it will be much of the same old same old of last year. So really not much to talk about even in recruiting with most of the top talent already committed out of state, OL in shambles, still no go to receiver, etc. etc. etc.

Yawn

thecountrynation.com

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #76446 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Yes I have been befuddled with the lackadaisical nature of Georgia football for quite sometime. I was hoping for a difference, but to no avail. What's it going to take to bring this program to prominence?

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #76447 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Believe it is time to take a deep breath and look closely at the “changes” that have been made in Athens.

Some are writing off the 2018 Recruiting efforts. To that I say BS.

From where I sit . . . . conversation needs to focus on the fact(s) that the 2017 Recruiting Class was loaded. If . . . . If I am a talented player and take a serious look at “my” playing time once on campus, what are my chances of starting or . . . . not being a red shirt in my first year on campus.

For me, the above is a very good thing. Back to the word that “too many” do not understand . . . . DEPTH.

We are not at the place that so many times have been “promoted” by the media. Where we are at is trying to move UGA Football further away from being lost in the game of FOOTBALL.

Find myself wondering why the same BS continues . . . . year after year, decade after decade.

Is it possible that 2017 will be a “special year”? Why not? No offensive line? Quarterback position not settled?

Someone speak to me about this group of players are not “willing” to “face off”.

I believe this to be a very good DEFENSE.

I also believe that two of the “best” offensive running backs in college football returned for their Senior seasons, for a reason. Not mentioning the running back “depth”, and that is solid in the “depth department”.

Will not be surprised to see #11 give #10 a serious run at quarterback.

Chief, one thing that I understand . . . . comes a time when “talk is cheap”. Has been that way for too long in Athens. McGarity and some above him need to leave. FANS have been used/abused for YEARS. Nothing that Greg McGarity did improved UGA Football . . . . M&M did that . . . . ($). Does not surprise me that media “still” tries to put that BS over on the FANS.

Just how good is Head Coach Kirby Smart? Believe that 2017 is going to be a year that will “judge” Kirby closer than other head coaches in college football. Why? Kirby Smart will have “more talent” in his two or three year reign than Mark Richt had. That comes back to what Coach Smart’s “talent” is supposed to be . . . . RECRUITING/Defense. This old dawg cannot at this point judge Coach Smart on defensive play. Will always take a deep breath and remember who the “Head Coach” is in Tuscaloosa.

Chief you asked what it will take for "our" program to come to prominence . . . . Coaching is my answer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 11 months ago #76448 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Sorry guys.. I don't buy any of it. 2 RB's coming back.. yeah, and we had the best back in the nation in Gurley and couldn't do anything with it.

Had two great backs last year... didn't work out so well. What will make a difference,, coaching? I haven't seen much of that either and I certainly don't expect it from our OC who I think is a joke.

UGA sports is collectively in shambles. Don't know the true reason and while I care.. it doesn't really matter. I don't believe in this program and they don't deserve me believing in them. Love and "belief" are mutually exclusive terms.

I'm not making an ass of myself believing any longer. If this program wants me to believe then they need to give me a reason and as of now that doesn't exist.

I'll be there this fall... yelling like hell.. this is my team and there is no other, but I fully expect 8-4 yet again.

Sorry

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds