Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

6 years 10 months ago #76462 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Check the silence out on this board and others, soon to be followed by those that read this site and speak only when spoken to. Care less how long you have been a part of Dawgs.com. Your opinion is just that, your opinion.

Willing to play this game . . . .??

I believe that we (UGA) will finish the recruiting cycle in 2018 in the top five (5).

Leave the f'ing coaching out of this . . . . discussion is about "recruiting".

If you choose to bring coaching into this conversation . . . . allow me this . . . . coaching is more than x's and o's, me thinks. If you are better or above those in Athens . . . . no different than a traffic stop . . . . show me and others your "credentials". Many on this site have played high school or a step or two higher football. If you played a certain position, where does the mastermind comes from?

After that, there are some changes that need to made in Athens . . . . if the "right pieces" are not in place and that includes . . . . Mahogany Row down to office personnel that not "1% of the folks" on this site or any other site other can speak to.

I was asked to "slow down" on this site, which I did. Those days are gone. If for any reason I disagree, will post my differences. That is what is needed not only for this site, but others that "I" believe need to be "corrected" for UGA Football to move forward. If anyone believes that the "media" . . . . those that have never put the pads on can tell us how to "think" . . . . promise this . . . . My butt is out of here, and elsewhere.

Say this . . . . refuse to be cheated when I have been around the Red and Black Game for more years than most that cover this day and time. That is not a badge of honor, it is the absolute truth of watching our program cheat the FANS. Most or many of you folks do not understand that, willing to discuss.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #76463 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
UGA could always recruit, but all we heard last year was a wall around the state. That is not true this year unless we get some flips. Top 5 will not happen unless we win more than 10 games and compete for the SEC championship. Seems like we are just chasing our tail this year as far as recruiting goes.

Hope you are right about top 5 buc my friend

thecountrynation.com

More
6 years 10 months ago #76464 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Sure it sounds great when your ranked in the top 5 in recruiting. But as for me I could care less about the ranking and more about getting what is needed. I would like to have the best players in GA. But only if they are sold out to UGA. If not let's go get the best players from other states that fill our needs we've did pretty good in the past. This might be a little off subject but it sticks in my crawl. It take a special kind of stupid for a R.A. to call the cops on players that are kicked back in their room.Why not just call CKS. How do you think that would go over in Tuscaloosa?
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
6 years 10 months ago #76465 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
I've never really worried about our recruiting. We are always going to recruit like a top 10 program.

It's the whole playing like one that doesn't pan out.

Face it... most of all major UGA sports are very subpar. We have systematic issues in the athletic department.

It's unacceptable results to me, so I refuse to just sit back and "accept it". There's little I can do though... they don't need my money.. they don't need me in the stands. Modern college athletics get what they need from so many levels now there is little the average guy can do other than keep his self-respect by not being gullible regarding expectations.

It is what it is.

We should all think like Missouri and demand that they "show me".

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
6 years 10 months ago #76466 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs

ogredawg wrote: UGA could always recruit, but all we heard last year was a wall around the state. That is not true this year unless we get some flips. Top 5 will not happen unless we win more than 10 games and compete for the SEC championship. Seems like we are just chasing our tail this year as far as recruiting goes.

Hope you are right about top 5 buc my friend

Think that you and I are on the same page. Very important that we win at least 10 games in 2017.

Clemson proved through hard work and "hiring" the right coaches below the Head Coach that Saban could be faced with a hard way to go. Proven the second time around. Too many folks still have a problem with understanding what is needed at the top. Above the Head Coach. Never get to where we want to go with McGarity and those above him continuing to hide what continues to be the same "game plan" from decades back.

Will say this and I am borrowing from you ogredawg . . . . this defense has "strong possibilities in 2017".

No reason for this group not to "make hay" in 2017 on the offensive side.

Still have my worries about our kicking/punting game. That has always been and remains the "path" to Atlanta. My opinion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
6 years 10 months ago #76467 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Yes i am but a newbie of seven years....

Saying we could always recruit is some what misleading...we use to shotgun recruit scooping up

What we could net and those who wanted to come to Athens...

Clearly the difference in my mind is we target needs first...very laser. Like... quality depth building

Both short and long term needs..... also geared to letting the recruit be themselves....

Dual threat QB don't try to make him a pro drop back QB....

IMHO..... line of thinking is why some are looking just at last season results when reflecting about

Any changes in our program......15 years of CMR. will do that.... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds