7 years 1 week ago #76400 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Kirby's presser . . . . 4/8/2017

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 week ago #76401 by Buc
Do not mean to be "ugly" . . . .

Head Coach Kirby Smart is a "Defensive Coach". Nothing new in that statement. Whether professional or college the head coach is "labeled" according to their past.

One person, can only speak for myself . . . . better get the offensive side of the ball not only repaired, best fix the "flat" and understand that football in Athens has been running on "three wheels/tires for more years than has been "necessary".

Do I believe that Kirby Smart is trying to do that? Yes. Do I believe that he has a firm grip on the offense? No.

One thing to recruit highly prized players, next step is the hard one . . . . Anyone that has been around Georgia Football for "any length of time" understands that "one person" (being politically correct) does not come close to having all of the answers.

I am glad, particularly glad that Chief came to this board and used the word "US".

Kirby Smart is a good man in his "second year" as a head coach. There have been many before him that did not fulfill their "promises" when taking on the UGA Football "job", yes it is a "job". Had another UGA Football Player that did not make the grade as Head Coach. Not because he was not a good football player, or a solid Red and Black believer, simply came down to this .........x's and o's. This is my main fear with Kirby.

My hope is that Head Coach Kirby Smart continues to recruit, keeps a firm hand on the defense, and allow folks like Dell McGee and James Coley to "apply" what they know and can do with our offense. Both of the mentioned coaches would open and do more for UGA Football than some that are in charge at this point. Kirby Smart "hired both" of the coaches . . . . use them, do not lose them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 1 week ago #76402 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Truth Buc...add Jay Johnson to the "O". Mix........

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 1 week ago - 7 years 1 week ago #76403 by Buc
Sophomore inside linebacker Natrez Patrick played in 10 games last season and was still the second-leading tackler with 59 stops, including 4.5 tackles for loss and a sack. After Tuesday's practice, Patrick talked about what makes freshman tailback Brian Herrien valuable to the Bulldogs.

"Brian just keeps pushing it and pushing it," said Patrick. "The way he works every day makes him the player that he is. I think he is a self-motivated guy. I'd say Brian endeared himself to us almost immediately and everyone feeds off of how hard he works."

The above was plucked from the internet.

Little doubt that Brian will get a lot of playing time. Another player that Coach Smart wanted, talked to Brian over a long period, now Brian Herrien will reap the rewards of his hard work in 2017. This young man is the type of player that makes me drink the Kool-Aid.

Natrez Patrick is a bad ass, when he speaks, I believe many folks that follow UGA Football listen. I do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 1 week ago #76404 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
I noticed last season that BH on several sideline run instead of just stepping out of bounds he turn back into the field and pushed the pile up field for yard or two more,,,,

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 1 week ago #76405 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
I didnt think that BH was used enough last year, he really impressed me, just a sip of Kool Aid mixed with reality keeps me on an even keel most times. GO DAWGS!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds