Forum

From Athens - Friday Thoughts

7 years 6 days ago - 7 years 6 days ago #76406 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Mentioned a time or two that Coach James Coley is a favorite of mine. Understands opening up the offense, using the talent on the team to do more than wait for a "turn" to play. Too much talent on the sideline that belongs on the field at some point.

Little doubt in my mind that someone is listening to Coach Coley. Coley has a background in FSU football, known to open things up and score points. Really glad that Richt wanted his coaches at Miami. Understandable. Pleases the heck out of me that Coach Coley in his second year with Kirby Smart has "apparently" opened some eyes on offensive play. "Trez" said in his presser that the offense this Spring has changed, making it much more difficult on the defense. Natrez Patrick is a fine player, young man is excited to have the offense showing their skills.

No doubt that we run the football, backfield loaded with talent. Coaches like Coley can and will be a part of "breaking up the loaded box" against the likes of Chubb, Michel, and others. Chubb and Michel start, those that follow will not disappoint.

Firmly believe that Dell McGee and James Coley will be driving forces for "change".

Offensive line at some point in the 2017 Season will change the way the game is played at Georgia. Do I believe that, yep.

www.dawgnation.com/football/georgia-offe...good-change-evidence
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 days ago - 7 years 6 days ago #76407 by Buc
Think what I see is this . . . .

Listening to the players, do not hear a lot from the coaches . . . .

ASSIGNMENT FOOTBALL. That is exactly what winning football teams have whether College or NFL.

Listening to these young men speak to the media, almost every one of these talented players talk about assignment football. Yep, it is part of the "process". Hoping to see more of the "assignments" both learned and practiced on game day. Players might not be using the word "assignment" but it is close to that. Called "film study".

Also, seems to me that some are worried about our 2018 recruiting efforts. Do not buy into that. High school players are aware of where they can commit to and have a solid chance of playing on game days. Comes down to this . . . . win the "Big Games", then the talented players want to be a part of the program.

While some will not like this . . . . Georgia has had a pitiful record winning "Big Games" for several years.

Something had to change . . . . turned out to be a head coaching change.

This group of coaches/players win the "Big Games", then the talented players will find their way to Athens.

Player talent again is not a problem in Athens.

Clemson National Champions . . . . Appears to me their head coach had "more on the ball" than our previous head coach. What bothers me, or one of the things that bothers me is . . . . skilled players crossing the State Line between Georgia and South Carolina, same damn thing has been going on for years, those crossing over the Chattahoochee to play in Tuscaloosa. Auburn probably could not play D1 Football if they could not recruit Georgia. Fact.

Have to say this . . . . Kirby, coach football, you do not need to try and get into the marketing game, that is not where your talent is, do not play silly games when saying Muschamp said this and you said "what"? Win football games when they count and there will be butts in the seats. Most of us are pulling for your success, that however comes down to you and your "real talent".

Just tossing "stuff" out.

“Muschamp called me and said we would not even get (40,000),” Smart said Wednesday on 680 The Fan. “If everybody knows Muschamp at South Carolina, he’s calling me out. I figure we will get that. He is calling the Dog fans out.”

www.dawgnation.com/football/dawgnation/k...-muschamp-attendance

And this . . . . Might be a good time to get the kicking/punting game in order. This is the SEC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 5 days ago #76408 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
As you said Buc.... worry less about what others are saying....pay attention to your business....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 5 days ago #76409 by Buc
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ yep ;)