Forum

From Athens - Friday Thoughts

7 years 1 month ago #76312 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
I am willing to bet that CKS had several in depth conversations with the Row before

accepting their offer..... believe CKS will be successful....he understands that it's on him to

produce ......he's not the type to back away from the challenge.... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 1 month ago #76313 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
yankeedawg1, for sure Kirby had a "larger offer" than what he is now being paid at Georgia, actually more than one offer. Kirby from what little I know could have had a larger contract. Kirby Smart is not a "dumb ass". He is on board to build a program that has for many years "disguised" itself as being a "top five college team". That once upon a time was based on FAN involvement. Times change, but the truth is this . . . . check Georgia Football against the teams that consistently find themselves in the top five or ten.

yd1, I truly believe this . . . . Kirby Smart might not be an offensive genius, to offset that I think this . . . . one hell of a recruiter. Nick Saban never, ever takes his hands off of anything related to his program in Tuscaloosa, except . . . . Nick gave more "room" to Kirby Smart than any individual that has "ever" been on his staff.

Some probably won't like this, it is however the truth . . . . Folks in Alabama have been conditioned over the years to hang onto the one thing that lifts them above everyone else in the USA, college football. They have their ups and downs but when they have head coaches like Bryant and Saban, they have what they need to show everyone that coaching is not an "experiment". Georgia Football has been just that for too many years, an experiment.

At some point, the FANS will get together and think about what "truly" has gone on with UGA in the SEC.

Much is on the shoulders of Smart and Company. Anyone that believes UGA is going to rise to the heights of Alabama right away . . . . have listened to that BS for years.

Smart has the shoulders . . . . does he have the overall ability to reach the "Final Four"? Does this group of coaches have the ability to win the East Side of the SEC? Easy to read the media reports on possibilities . . . . possibilities do not win championships.

Remember this . . . . Florida also has an enormous group of football players. I live here, I associate with many that are gators. I get the truth, the truth from those that are closely involved with gator football. At this point FSU is the hands down winner when it comes to football in Florida. They continue to pull from South Georgia, even with Kirby Smart in Athens.

Much needs to be done in Athens, not sure that those above Smart and Company will "ever" understand.

Go Dawgs :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 1 month ago #76314 by yankeedawg1
Share your beliefs Buc....Kirby has his eyes wide open and understands the beast....no short cuts..

Keep hearing that he is a defense coach and a very good one....

This leads me to believe he has to have something better than a slight idea about offense...

Seem logical ....Spock ....he has to understand it in order to be able to defend it and not have it gain

Huge amounts of yards..... hmmmm....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #76315 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
FSU will always get some players from S Ga. Influence and foot print is just too large, plus they WIN and the program is nationally known and sends lots of players to the League.

Kirby needs to stop the flow of players to Aubuurn and FU from that area

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 1 month ago #76316 by yankeedawg1
What you said Ogredawg......exactly...

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 1 month ago #76317 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts

yankeedawg1 wrote: What you said Ogredawg......exactly...

+1
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds