Forum

From Athens - Friday Thoughts

7 years 3 weeks ago #76306 by yankeedawg1
From Athens - Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Been a young pup on this site for just seven quick years…. Gone in a flash…

I can remember when the word “change” started to appear more and more in regards to our football program……

CWM.. Cover two.. change…… CMBozo..change.. Towel Toddy.. Change

CShotty… change…. CJC….change.. HCMR…. Change…..

I am sure many here can add names to the “Change” list…

Tossing out random thoughts…..

If it wasn’t for a pair of red panties would CMR still be HC…

Do think that HCM was in better favor with Damon Evans than Scrooge…

We know Scrooge didn’t fire MR without the blessings of the Row..

Had the growing number of empty seats at Sanford … when we still had
10 win seasons pushed the tipping point……

Will the same push our current AD and the Row to address other “issues” at Sanford…

Fast forward to year two of CKS tenure…… and Change has taken on another look….. focused recruiting based on position need…. Keeping in state players home…very good thing…

The talking heads know have come to the conclusion that the Tides success is/was driven by the consecutive years of having the top recruiting class in CFB….. yup have to have the horses …. Year after year….. creates quality depth…. This is part of the Kirby process for Georgia’s future…

One of my local roosters says that before year’s end a major renovation project for Sanford will be announced … that doing the player and recruiting area first was designed to give CKS more bling to compete for recruits……. Details on how to proceed with renovation are being developed….. doing it in stages or doing all at once and playing a season of home games at the new Falcon Stadium…… which most of the row favors…… Row didn’t want a band-aid to fixing pissers then having to rip out and move as part of an overall renovation plan…

I think with Scrooge coming out and making recent statements about hearing the cries from fans….. it will keep this conversation going….

I see it growing legs just like the IPF….. stay tuned….

Would bet the HC is adding fuel and reasons to get us caught up with the rest of the leaders in college football…. HC will make his case directly to the fans…..

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week…

As always “Go Dawgs” !!!

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #76307 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Details on how to proceed with renovation are being developed….. doing it in stages or doing all at once and playing a season of home games at the new Falcon Stadium…… which most of the row favors…… Row didn’t want a band-aid to fixing pissers then having to rip out and move as part of an overall renovation plan…

Amazing . . . .

Those sitting in the "high chairs" were willing to let this "stuff" continue and it did until Bill King spoke out publicly. If he had not done so . . . . Those on Mahogany Row and their puppet McGarity would have continued to "chirp" about the great financial position UGA is in and the FANS would continue to wear "wading boots". Still trying to figure out what Greg McGarity has accomplished since his arrival in Athens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #76308 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
IMHO.. Scrooge is were he is because that's the type wimpy AD the Row wants....

Man hasn't had an original though since Shep was a pup...

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #76309 by Buc
Noise is getting louder yankeedawg1.

CBS reporter has picked up on the serious faults of McGarity. Several sites dedicated to UGA Football primarily are no longer shaking their heads, real FANS wanting McGarity's head.

Bothers me to no end the amount McGarity is being paid. For what?

McGarity reminds me of a commercial on television . . . . going to pick up the dinner bill for the table . . . . one thing wrong, McGarity does have "alligator arms". Said before, he is the whipping boy for Mahogany Row, for damn sure University of Florida did not have this "errand runner" in their plans after Jeremy Foley.

This is what the incompetent group on Mahogany Row ordered and the gators gladly packed McGarity's bags. gators got us again.

creativity-online.com/work/geico-alligator-arms/46196
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #76310 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Future fun is when CKS gets us up in the rare air and he like CNS bypass the Row...

And just does what he thinks needs to be done...

Me Thinks that day is closer than some think....Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #76311 by Buc
Time came when Richt was released, change of direction needed to be made. Partially made at this point.

Never will I believe that Kirby Smart returned to Georgia just because he played here. He served notice in his first one or two pressers that changes needed to be made and some have. No doubt that Kirby was all in for the Georgia coaching spot, with all of the talent that the State of Georgia has, and who knows better than Kirby Smart that getting many of these young men on campus makes his job easier.

Kirby Smart forced Greg McGarity's hand when he put one foot in the door at South Carolina. Score . . . . Kirby Smart (1) . . . . Greg McGarity (0). Kirby Smart is all about football in the Classic City. Pressure comes now for Kirby and Company to produce.

vimeo.com/206496858
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds