Forum

From Athens - Friday Thoughts

7 years 1 month ago #76324 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Asked an "open question" on Dawgs.com a short time back.

"What has Greg McGarity done to improve athletics at Georgia".

Hiring Kirby Smart . . . . really?

Take me a step further as to what Greg McGarity has done to improve athletics at UGA.

Some folks can be led by a ring in their nose. McGarity believes in that concept. If not, explain to FANS and pin point what he has done other than "stashing" the "loot" for a rainy day. Maybe cut his salary in half and add that to the "stash" for a "rainy day".

Anyone this day and time that believes that COLLEGE FOOTBALL will go without "backing" . . . . "greenbacks" . . . . is pissing into the wind. College football now has the NFL looking for avenues to "control" their "farm teams". Don't buy that . . . . keep looking at the "stuff" that there is agreement on between both money makers, college and the NFL. Yes, college football is truly a "BUSINESS", almost to the point that FANS BEWARE, we now have "ours".

Greg McGarity does not understand athletics, he is getting away with "nothingness".

I live with this thought . . . . "EVERY DOG (DAWG) HAS HIS DAY". McGarity's is coming.

To those that read this board, there is nothing wrong with asking questions and giving a point of view.

Say again, if you read this board . . . . Tell me what Greg McGarity has done as Athletic Director since he arrived in the Classic City.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #76325 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Scrooge.....ghoper for the Row....... fired baseball coach and ladies gymnastics coach....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 1 month ago #76326 by Buc
When I look at the production side of Smart and Company . . . . True first full year of full participation on the job of recruiting, Kirby Smart and Company's "proven" track record in year one is impressive.

Looking at the group below, also with visions of 2018 and 2019 classes, this group of "geese" are laying a lot of "golden eggs".

At this point I am hoping that Greg McGarity keeps a low profile. When he opens his mouth what comes out is embarrassing to the FANS (many FANS) that understand with him as athletic director it is . . . . open mouth, insert foot.

Again looking at the 2017 Football Schedule, appears to me with a few games under our belt, we get a much better idea of what or how good 2018 and 2019 might turn out. The word "process" does apply.

One thing that I keep in mind is we (UGA) ended up third (3rd) in national college recruiting in 2017. Not a bad piece of work for Smart and Company's second year in the Classic City.

Impressive list of young men that I believe are the "true turning points" for Georgia Football. Coach them up!!

www.dawgnation.com/recruiting/football/georgia/recruits/2017/

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #76327 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Agree outstanding feat for first complete recruiting cycle...HC. Be the first to say it's just a single step

In the process..very important...but know has to translate to productivity on the field....

My money says it will. feel surprises...make that good surprises will be coming soon to our football program...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 1 month ago #76330 by Buc
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 1 month ago #76333 by Buc
Some of the posters on Dawgs.com have made mention of those "above" the athletic director for a long time. Good to see others recognizing the "depth" of the problems the FANS have chirped about openly. Not only is there a pecking order, the order goes above the Halls of UGA. Seems there are serious problems with M&M, yep back again. Anyone notice the changes at ESPN? Folks moving over to FOX. Definitely causing concern to some in college athletics. Won't go any further in this post, but there is a lot more.

blutarsky.wordpress.com/2017/03/09/is-mc...m-the-rule-of-holes/

More
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds