Forum

From Athens - Friday Thoughts

7 years 3 weeks ago #76318 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
One thing for sure . . . . we have a better chance of keeping our players inside the Georgia State Line than I can remember it being this way for . . . . years.

Mark Richt got off of his butt and now is sitting in the middle of a hot bed of high school football players.

Anyone that thinks that Richt had a problem leaving UGA for UM, need to do some homework.

Recruiting in the State of Florida is now a "war". Going to see some of the other universities in the State of Florida reach new heights, the "U" and the gators have some serious competition starting . . . . NOW.

ogredawg is as yd1 said, spot on from where I sit. Easy for young men in South Georgia to make a short move to Tallahassee. Bobby Bowden understood the need to recruit South Georgia religiously. Mark Richt never understood the "overall State of Georgia concept". Richt now understands that "hard work" pays off. Mountain of talent in South Florida. NCAA pissed in their boots, allowed the "U" to escape what should have been what Ole Miss is close to getting. Richt is always close to the "coin". Once upon a time in Arkansas they came up with a name for their Governor . . . . "Slick Willie".

McGarity, your future is based on Kirby Smart. Don't buy that . . . . probably so, half a million a year including investments and "connections" you are very secure. Please leave.

Go Dawgs, Smart and Company, 2017 is more than a date on the calendar. Simple heads up from a FAN.

;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #76319 by Buc
Comes down to this . . . .

Every team in the SEC is going to get better.

Teams outside of the SEC are going to get better.

Simple thought comes to my mind . . . .

When the "players" are on campus, what is left for the FANS?

I would suggest "coaching", the missing factor for years in Athens. If it was not coaching, why were talented players leaving Georgia to play for instance in. . . . Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Ohio State, and now Michigan. Have anything to do with "coaching"? Just asking . . . .

:whistle:

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #76320 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Players first....good coaching...second......much like chicken or the egg...

Having good coaching gets you good players which keeps the coaches getting better also...

Roll in facilities....budgets....and fan base......many moving parts some visible some not....

Ah yes Limey Dawg..... Lady Luck has a say also.....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #76321 by Buc
Bill King did his job.

One thing for sure . . . . never will we get a straight answer from "Greg".

"Which way did they go coach" . . . . :whistle:

As FANS we are being remiss if we allow or bow down to the same "stuff" that continues to come from press releases in Athens.

You say in the article optimistic is acceptable Bill. Optimistic to me means . . . . just what it meant to you in using the word. Echo chamber down the hallway. When heat is applied to an injury, along with ice and baths, reasonable changes are expected. Who knows . . . . maybe there is another coach that will "speak out" and rule out "optimistic" as a plus.

Couple of the comments that "Greg" made in the article prove just how incompetent he is when trying to "cover his butt".

www.dawgnation.com/football/opinion/reas...dawgs-2017-prospects

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #76322 by Buc
Whether FANS want to believe it or not . . . . SEC Football is a "team game".

Athletic Director Greg McGarity has not grasped the meaning of all pulling together.

While not calling him or anyone else a degrading name, there are names that fit this totally incompetent "WHIPPING BOY".

Real simple conclusion . . . . If I make more than a half million a year, better fall in line and follow directives.

Has been said and will be often repeated . . . . Greg McGarity at this time has put his marbles in one basket . . . . Smart and Company's basket. Scrooge has been in Athens long enough for most FANS to understand that he is a "follower" not a "leader".

McGarity thinks that M&M are his guiding light . . . . not so. ESPN will be all over his butt when the time comes, and the time is dependent on Kirby Smart. Kirby is in the "saddle" and this is going to be a "ride" worth watching.

Winning football programs start at the "TOP". FANS at Georgia have "never" been allowed to "enter into that group".

More to this than pissers flowing because FANS are "stupid". Stupid rests above those that wear cleats and coach those that wear cleats.

Thanks again Bill King. Seth, you have a voice, we will see.

:whistle:

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #76323 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Just my thoughts.... time will come that HC will pass Scrooge like Greyhound Bus on I-95..

Believe CKS has phone numbers of the Row members.... Scrooge aka towel boy....

We will have a major renovation and upgrade to Sanford and Scrooge will not have a thing

To do with making it happen..... If he is still here....hmmmm

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds