Forum

From Athens - Friday Thoughts

7 years 1 month ago #76251 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
A good look at Jake Carmarda's overall kicking abilities.

Would expect Jake to add between 8 and 10 yards maybe more on his kickoffs from his senior high school year, time on campus (hopefully UGA) and the beginning of his freshman year. Great leg, lots of "lift" on his punts.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #76252 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
I'm with you on Carmada... I would like to see 3-4 years of not worrying about punts and kickoffs.

We've been way too inconsistent in these areas.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #76253 by Buc
Wartdawg, want to say this to you . . . . Feel you are probably as "involved" as anyone when it comes to the Falcons.

What you said in another thread I can appreciate.

First Falcon football game in Atlanta Fulton County Stadium watched and loved the Falcons. Prior to the Falcons, the Atlanta Braves were our first venture into what was recognized as a professional sport. Spent many years living in the area, watching the Atlanta Crackers on Ponce de Leon across from Sears, and Bob Montag and others making many of us "Southern Boys" feel a part of something good.

I am one of those that had a belly full of what happened with the Falcons in the early 80's. Watched the 49'ers take away what I felt belonged to us.

Professional football has never been the same for me. Is not now, will never be. Totally wrapped up in what I sincerely hope that UGA Football will become.

Watched with a group that wanted both sides to win the Super Bowl. Makes for a different experience. Being a member of the Falcon Board, understand what I read on the site. Reminds me a lot of the folks that chirp about the Red and Black.

Will say this about the Falcons . . . . Was not about the players, in my opinion. Allow me this . . . . We have talked a lot about UGA Football for a long time, much of the conversation was about half time adjustments. A simple adjustment that should have been made by the Falcons was this . . . . The head coach did not step up and . . . .

Comes a time when it is not about the players, comes down to "coaching". UGA went through some of that in the 2016 Season, do not have to list the names of teams that we "should have beaten".

Time to get off of the players butts and focus on "coaching them up". Falcons and Bulldogs will face that statement in 2017 for sure, and as you have said more than once . . . . excuses NOT.

More
7 years 1 month ago #76254 by Buc
Reading the link below, knowing, not guessing . . . . we have running backs that stack up with and are far beyond most in D1 Football. Nick and Sony are returning for one reason . . . . win.

One thing that I watch and believe this group of coaches have gotten right is the loading up of linebackers, if we choose to call them linebackers. Four or so years back I chirped a lot about overall speed on the defense. Move the hands forward, we are now at a point that leaves many of us scratching our heads as to who will play.

For those that want everything to be produced in 2017, can not get on that wagon. Do believe that UGA will be a "force" in 2018. Force meaning facing off with anyone.

Our program has been broken for a long, long time. Media made sure that "clicks" matter. Have watched the media rather closely, they understand what it takes to play the game of "next year". If following the media closely, we understand that moving "too far out" (seasons) in predictions does not "sell print". Like everything else, numbers rule.

See where Mahogany Row and McGarity are all in on spending over 60 million dollars on the football program. Same group that would not spend a dime for "years" on a Indoor Practice Facility". Preferred to use the Falcon Training Center. Thanks again Coach Jeremy Pruitt. Whether the team needed to go once a year or twice. Or never. Comes down to what Pruitt said, "openly" . . . . want to play grown man football . . . . get off of your McScrooge Butt . . . .

Simple conclusion . . . . why are those in power ready to spend over 60 million on Sanford Stadium? Some of us that have been around for a while refer to the "Golden Goose" and for good reason.

One more question . . . . Just exactly what was it that woke McGarity and Mahogany Row up? Bet this . . . . Kirby Smart knows what is needed and he will not default to McGarity. Ride back from Atlanta for McGarity made his mind up to "move forward"? "REALLY". At some point we will have someone that will replace McGarity. Took us many years to understand that Willie Martinez was not a '"Defensive Coordinator", hope we wake up soon, McGarity has the same shoe size, or close.

McGarity is a "Dodge-a-Ball" expert.

www.dawgsports.com/2017/2/2/14465506/geo...ts-best-o-line-class

More
7 years 1 month ago #76255 by Buc
Meant to post this yankeedawg1 . . . . spent the early morning with Greg at the VA. Said to me that Wynn is jacked. Said that he has not seen this type of player support on board since he has been there. Wynn believes that Georgia Football will never be the same . . . . as it was before. As before meaning not moving forward. Wynn said that the offense is going to be like something never seen before in Athens. Also mentions Nick and Sony. Said the two of them are leading the offensive side of the ball as "never before". It is understood with the players that you spend the time or "WHINE". Wynn is Greg's cousin.

More
7 years 1 month ago #76256 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
My thoughts and prayers are always with Greg and his fellow vets.... it's good to know that

Others see the changes that have and are still taking place with our football program....

Truth...no going back to what was..... season two.... me thinks we will see major improvements

Yea I know..heard this all before....same song ...same verse.... wait until next year...

However...... big difference....year two.....not year 16....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds