Forum

From Athens - Friday Thoughts

7 years 2 months ago #76244 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Yes...God Bless Quentin Moses.....33 years young

JE..... needs to gain confidence in the gun or pistol.. them move under center....

Remember CMB's. Do or die season..... me thinks Chaney is sitting in the same seat

Defense will me better. And improve with each game.... kicking game also gets better...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 2 months ago #76245 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
And this . . . .

D'Andre Swift, on board. Might be the best running back in the 2017 Class. We will see soon enough.

Playing time in Athens is getting tougher these days.

Coach Jim Chaney, I sincerely hope that you are up to your "recent words" coaching talent such as exists in Athens now. That is not a shot at you, just hope that you understand that "some" UGA FANS believe you have never had talent like this in your coaching career.

There has been a huge shift in FAN support. Most of us are hoping that the group of coaches and the supporting staff, both inside and outside will take notice. Little of this is on the players. Time now for those making the $,$$$,$$$ to show us that you as "business men and women" are worth . . . ."expenses".

More
7 years 2 months ago #76246 by Buc
yd1, I believe this . . . .

With the addition of more talent, young men know that there will be some changes in the way "they" have played football prior to moving to Athens. If they do not know that now, soon they will. Makes me think that our "SPECIAL TEAMS" will improve. A bit like earning "stripes" in the Military.

Past week and before have "chirped" about kicking/punting. Kirby understands and he has set the bar high. Want to kick or punt for UGA, high school was a "stepping stone". College football is not about those that want the best for their "kids" for various reasons, it is about winning.

Comes back to the "Business" portion of college football. Coaching staffs are expected to produce on Saturdays. Successful staffs "understand" where D1 Football is in 2017 and beyond. M&M knew when the contract was signed with the SEC that they had captured the "missing link" for "their business".

See where $25 million in the first year of the contract for each team in the SEC has now moved up to over $40 million. Looks and sounds like "Business" to me. Anyone believe that the players are not taking note? Just a question that some friends and myself "chat" about from time to time.

Coach Smart, the college game of football has changed since you roamed in the defensive backfield some years back. I know that you are aware . . . . also appreciate the fact that you "Love the Game". Yes, I believe that. Time now has come for you to step up and make all of us proud of the fact that you earned whatever the final numbers will be.

Coach'em Up Kirby . . . . :)

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #76247 by Buc

yankeedawg1 wrote: Yes...God Bless Quentin Moses.....33 years young

JE..... needs to gain confidence in the gun or pistol.. them move under center....

Remember CMB's. Do or die season..... me thinks Chaney is sitting in the same seat

Defense will me better. And improve with each game.... kicking game also gets better...

Go Dawgs

yankeedawg1, kicking/punting game has to get better. Both of us know that Special Teams have always been a huge part of SEC Football. Hear a lot about missed tackles on kickoffs in the media. Kick the ball out of the end zone or unreturnable, Special Team "ratings" improve 100%. Offenses and defenses line up at that point. Not the same players, period. Big factor . . . . injuries drop dramatically. Good thing.

Agree that Coach Chaney knows "something" has to change. Ball is in his court. Does not take any more visits from young men like Nick Chubb or Sony Michel. Both of these young players next stops are the NFL. Fact.

Pride can and will be "quick sand" for those that either do not listen or . . . . understand the game.

I will be watching the kicking game closely in the 2017 Season. Special Teams are always worth more than the media understands, and some fans that somehow follow "only" running backs and quarterbacks . . . . and "bleeding hearts" that do not understand why folks that coach and make over $4 Million a year do not deserve same.

2017 Season is going to be worth a "second look", I am looking forward to conversation and a second or third look.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 2 months ago #76248 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Absolutely...... stated before HC will keep looking for a kicker who can consistently kickoff for touchbacks .....

Agree process is not instant rice... having said that fully expect visible improvements...

Sense HC is looking for the same..... spring ball....year two....best come in shape and ready....fact

Go Dawgs...

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #76250 by Buc
Another talent in the State of Georgia that I hope remains in Georgia, Jake Camarda.

Kirby is willing to listen to some that want to take sides when it comes to Rodrigo and the scholarship. Kirby Smart will guard his signature when it comes to who should and should not receive a full ride. Kirby Smart and Mark Richt are on different sides of the ball when it comes to scholarships.

Would love to see Rodrigo return to Athens with a leg in 2017 that puts to rest all doubts about kicking the ball into the end zone. Whatever he can do before the 2017 Season starts to improve length of kickoffs, will pull for him. If he improves the distance on kickoffs and maintains a good field goal percentage, Kirby Smart will put his signature on the scholarship.

There will be a lot of balls flying throughout 2017 in Athens. Kirby is serious about the kicking/punting game.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds