Forum

Great Start to Recruiting . . . .

7 years 2 months ago #76194 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Great Start to Recruiting . . . .
Eason is Aaron Murray tough is the highest compliment IMHO that I can pay him. He took some shots over the season and got up from every one of them. Never missed a down and that is "Murray" tough. Kirby and Chaney need to put him in the gun and let him work. Big mistake if they continue to put him under center for the majority the snaps.

We will have the biggest O line in College football more than likely, so put him back there and let him do his thing along with our stable of running backs. We don't have to score 40 a game like the Bobo offenses, with the D we have and will have in the future no need to.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #76195 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic Great Start to Recruiting . . . .
I like that our recruiting adds quality depth that one hopes will bring the competitive toughness and edge to this team. If everyone is competing in practice, and know it's for real, then they will bring a junkyard attitude to the games. Starting freshmen, even great freshmen, will have its ups and downs, as Eason showed, but we have some great talents that can play next year. Added to the pleasant surprises we saw with freshmen this year, like Herrien and the D Line, we should be lights out.

The holes have been plugged. Now bail the boat and let 'er rip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 2 months ago #76196 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Great Start to Recruiting . . . .

ogredawg wrote: Eason is Aaron Murray tough is the highest compliment IMHO that I can pay him. He took some shots over the season and got up from every one of them. Never missed a down and that is "Murray" tough. Kirby and Chaney need to put him in the gun and let him work. Big mistake if they continue to put him under center for the majority the snaps.

We will have the biggest O line in College football more than likely, so put him back there and let him do his thing along with our stable of running backs. We don't have to score 40 a game like the Bobo offenses, with the D we have and will have in the future no need to.

Went back and looked at a portion of the UGA/TCU game. Record and keep a lot of video.

When Jacob Eason was taking the long snap, the running backs had more yardage gained when they took the handoff several yards behind the line of scrimmage. Gives the running backs a split second longer to see what is happening along the line of scrimmage.

Another good reason for Eason to take the long snap is his height. Often the snap goes over the head of the quarterback. Eason standing 6'5" or better takes high snaps without a lot of difficulty.

What I am looking for is Coach Chaney looking closely at film, like some on this board do. Lots of talent in the UGA backfield, too much talent to have players approaching Chaney and discussing game plans.

Against TCU, UGA running game was more effective with Eason taking the long snap. Know I am repeating myself, sometimes it takes a reminder for the thought to penetrate the brain. Bet this . . . . Coach Chaney has never in his coaching career had as much talent as he has now in the backfield.

Don't hear a lot about Ben Cleveland, hoping that we do this year. Did not hear a lot about Mecole Hardman, maybe this is the beginning. Rockdawg is spot on about Herrien, that young man came to Athens to play not sit. He will play. More and more UGA is shaping up like what Kirby was a part of in Tuscaloosa. Depth.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds