Forum

Great Start to Recruiting . . . .

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #76175 by Buc
Great news from where I sit. Copied this from 24/7.

The wait is over. The decision is in. According to Decatur (Ga.) Towers head coach Brian Montgomery, four-star defensive lineman Devonte Wyatt is sticking with Georgia.

Montgomery said Wyatt came to the decision and notified Georgia and South Carolina coaching staffs today.

"He is excited about going to his dream school and feels he is best suited to thrive academically and athletically at Georgia," Montgomery said.

Kirby really likes this young man.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #76176 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Great Start to Recruiting . . . .
Chief, this young man with a big body was blessed with his overall talent. Really excites me sir.

Have posted this video before, now . . . . wish comes true. Big man running something close to a 4.6 . . . . wow!

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #76177 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Great Start to Recruiting . . . .
Imagine trying to get away from him. You might as well just fold up and wait for the hit Shipmate.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 1 month ago #76178 by Buc
growl, cannot remember looking forward to an LOI Day like this one. Meaning enthusiastic.

The commits cannot dodge what they have done on the internet.

Forgive me for this . . . . This is very close to what the head coach at Clemson has done. You "sleep" you "lose". In Athens there have been too many involved with UGA Football "sleeping" for (x) number of years. Choose a time.

Kirby Smart was "wise" in my opinion when he left a National Championship Team and returned to the Classic City.

Why?

Did not use up the offers that many new coaches often do in their first year at the helm. This old dawg believes Kirby knew he had to cross the Chattahoochee River and put into effect a "plan". Believe that we are seeing the plan evolving much sooner than I expected. Can only speak for myself, of course.

Tomorrow will enlighten many of us on what to expect in the future. Young men that remained home, (Georgia Borders) will be a huge lift recruiting in the future, especially if Smart and Company get the program out of "first gear". 2017 Recruits are definitely out of "first gear".

Tomorrow morning, Wednesday a.m. Athens and all that support our program will put a new face on football in Athens, and those of us that live a bit further away.

yankeedawg1 give me an early wakeup call . . . .

growl, never liked "whistles" but . . . . this is one of my favorite times of the year . . . . concerning football.

End with this, for now . . . . I hope that all of our members get the players that they wished for.

Coach'em Up becomes a stronger statement on Dawgs.com than ever before. Most talent in a single class than ever before. Kirby understands that. Head coach not shying away from what he was hired for, me thinks.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #76179 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Great Start to Recruiting . . . .
I agree with you Buc 100%, Kirby(no pun intended) Smart is going to make a difference. Anyone ever hear "tear down, build up" as a training tool. Its worked for many years in some very well trained circles............

Get it on DAWGS!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 1 month ago #76180 by Buc
Mentioned the gators in the BPS that is appreciated every Friday being presented by yankeedawg1 on yd1's latest post.

Living in the Sunshine State, have said often that I pay close attention to a "talent rich State". Mentioned in yd1's BPS that there are "rumblings" about what is going on in Gainesville, Florida. Sometimes feel that I need to back up certain statements. Did that often on Dawgs.com when Will Muschamp was hired to replace urban meyer (liar).

Competition is getting really tough in a talent rich football state like the Sunshine State.

Say again, appreciate what Smart and Company have done recruiting wise in the Peach State. I do.

www.mynews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/n...tb.html?cid=rss.html

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds