Forum

Great Start to Recruiting . . . .

7 years 2 months ago #76187 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Great Start to Recruiting . . . .
Drama free signing day....yes the winning group..but we didn't finish strong...as Ogredawg correctly

Pointed out....Hay has been in the barn since November... HC and staff addressed needs and went

Out and got the best player available.... and the job of keeping players home from the state....

Now coach' m up.... Go Dawgs.....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #76188 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Great Start to Recruiting . . . .
With this class buying in to what Kirby is selling along with Chubb, Michel, Bellamy et al staying for their senior seasons, 2017 had better be a great season. No reason with the talent that we have and the talent coming in that the East is winnable and the SEC championship should be competitive, and a shot at the NC and at the minimum a New years Six Bowl. Anything less is a failure. If it pans out this way then 2018 should be the year when we should be in the playoff. If we make the playoff in 2017 then Kirby has indeed arrived and I will be ready to say I was wrong about him not being the right choice.

Great recruiter but still has to apply that to the field of play.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #76189 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Great Start to Recruiting . . . .
See nothing but straight talk from ogredawg. Nothing has or will change with his posts.

Have tried hard to stay away from the "bleeding hearts" phrase, however some that call themselves fans behind their keyboards, really do not understand what has happened in Athens.

The changes in our coaching staff have proven to be the right choice(s) since Kirby Smart's arrival. Like this comment or not . . . . Kirby Smart reminds me a lot of Donald J. Trump. Kirby hit the ground running from the time he left Alabama and has yet to stop and take a deep breath.

My opinion, 2016 was when he "proved" to me that he was all business. Yes, all "business", that is exactly where college football is this day and time, again my opinion. Since boarding a plane and flying to Washington to meet with Jacob Eason and his family, not only Kirby, but his entire staff has followed Kirby and applied his work ethic. The football staff are in Athens because Smart wanted them.

Would be easy to say that I am disappointed in some of the "spit" that I have read both yesterday (LOI Day) and today about 2017 recruiting efforts. Not disappointed, been around long enough to understand that there is a large group that really do not understand the "game".

First recruiting class in 11 or so years that finished in the top 3 classes in 2017. I will get my thrills when the Red and Black put the cleats on and get with it. That is when the real entertainment starts. Could there be disappointments in 2017, yep. Wonder if Alabama was disappointed with the outcome of the National Championship Game, yep.

Along with others I will keep a close eye(s) on our offensive coordinator. Chaney said that he is going to mix it up more in 2017, not quite sure what that means, but good Lord willing I will watch every game and hope that his offensive game plans bear fruit.

Looking at our schedule, do not see a single team that I feel we cannot beat. We have athletes with SEC playing time, we have athletes coming in that I suspect won't do a lot of "sitting or standing" on the sideline.

Head Coach Kirby Smart will not be bullied by outside "noise". One writer tried that soon after Kirby arrived in Athens and successful he was not. Would like to see what that particular writer has to say about the happenings in Athens now.

Important for us to have a successful 2018, I suspect that we will.

Now it is time to say . . . . Coach'em Up! Lack of talent will not be an acceptable excuse.

:whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg, yankeedawg1, growl

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 2 months ago #76190 by Buc
Lot being said about Mecole Hardman.

Firmly believe this . . . . If we had not changed our coaching staff in 2016, believe that Hardman would have been used a lot, playing is what I mean.

Kirby Smart sent a message I think. Just because a player is rated at 5 stars or whatever, Kirby wants all to know that "stars" are primarily for those in the media and of course those that want to make believe they know more about our talent than the coaches do.

Mecole Hardman spent a year learning a system, this year he will reward us because he listened and practiced what was being taught.

Would not surprise me to see Mecole Hardman remaining on the defensive side of the ball, and with his talent(s) he will be getting his hands on many footballs and causing problems for those that do not have his talents trying to tackle him. Mecole Hardman is 5'11'' and 183. Maurice Smith, 6' and 195. Comparable size. I know this, Hardman is a football player, loaded with talent.

Going to be a lot more young, talented players "waiting" for playing time on Saturday. This is a very good thing in my opinion. UGA has definitely taken a step forward. Some players chose to go out of the State of Georgia for this reason . . . . wanting immediate playing time. Auburn did some of that, again. ;)

Just one old farts thoughts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 2 months ago #76191 by Buc
Article from Seth Emerson. Nice piece of work. Like the fact that most of the time he posts what time he enters the article.

Was hoping to get a follow up on the latest addition to our kicking group. We had a kicker leave a short time back, makes me wonder a bit about "who knows what".

Coach Smart is serious about UGA Football, time for some of the others that continue to "bark" about being "fair" to decide whether or not they want to move forward. Smart and Company have one thing in mind . . . . improving. Our program had grown stale, replaced by coaches that actually "understand" the "game". Say again, stop, look and listen . . . . College Football is a BUSINESS. Players and Coaches are aware.

Getting closer, still not #1 or #2 in the ratings by the "media". Seems to me that the National Championship Football Team (CLEMSON) was not rated as #1 in the last two years, did however find themselves in the "Game". Check where they ended up. Smart and Company have slowed the bleeding, need a little more time. Me thinks.

www.dawgnation.com/football/story-man-may-georgias-next-kicker

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 2 months ago #76193 by Buc
Sifting through the many comments to articles about 2017 Recruiting, makes me want to puke. Yep "puke".

2017 was an outstanding class. Allow me this . . . . typo . . . . 2017 CLASS.

This is the same group of young men/athletes that chose to play for the State University, yep, the University of Georgia.

Facing up to the Georgia Tech talk . . . . they won. Not going to play with "history".

Ole Miss kicked our butts. Great win for Ole Miss. If you save or put "stuff" in your "vault" check what ogredawg had to say while sitting in the stands watching the game.

One thing that ogredawg said after the game was this . . . . Jacob Eason is one "tough young man".

He was right . . . . I think what ogredawg wanted "us" to know was THIS . . . . There is some "work" to be done in the "Classic City/Athens" . . . . '"WORK" was what he (ogredawg) knew needed to be "done".

Will that happen . . . . hope so.

I know "enough" about college football to understand that football is no different than running a "business". Some never reach that point when either working behind a keyboard or playing "make believe.

This is why I say what I did in the last paragraph.

We finally have "talent" where it has been "missing" for many, many years. Do not think that I have to say hiring/dismissing folks has made a difference . . . . will agree with ogredawg with this . . . . Coach Chaney has a lot of eyes on his play calling. Nothing wrong with that, me thinks.

The single biggest improvement that I have seen in Athens since I have been around, that is a long time, is hiring Smart and Company. Do I believe the 3rd Best Recruiting Effort in the World of College Football was a stroke of luck . . . . Have the time, check what is going on in 2018 and 2019.

For the '"BLEEDING HEARTS" . . . . Mark Richt resides in Boca Raton, Florida.

Show time Kirby . . . . you have said to the young pups, call me KIRBY.

Kirby, you and the coaches have a lot of talent, coach'em up. You know as do I and others, you have a loaded defense. Showtime for our offensive coordinator . . . . the players that Coach Chaney has on his side of the ball should light up the East Side of the SEC. If not . . . . why?

Kirby brought a kicker in to put the football in the end zone. If he accomplishes that goal . . . . seems to me that he has helped the defense out . . . . now it is time for you to use the "outstanding talent" that "MANY" offensive coordinators would love to have "every Saturday", regardless of "Conference".

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds