Forum

MONDAY MORNING: before Game 12

7 years 5 months ago #75764 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic MONDAY MORNING: before Game 12

Wartdawg wrote: The NFL regularly playing on Saturday or anytime other than playoff weekends where they don't
want one pro game to overlap another pro game is about the most igorant idea I've ever heard on this website.

This is why I call you a troll... you can not be serious with that comment. That would kill the NFL ratings.

Not sure what you are talking about. Heck, almost half the games overlap. Sunday at one or four. Then one Sunday night and one Monday night game. Oh yea, and an occasional Thursday night game.

Saturday is the best day for hanging out with friends and going to events. Nfl games on Saturday would be more fun and better attended. They have some kind of tv deal that has them play on Sunday's.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #75765 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic MONDAY MORNING: before Game 12
Wartdawg posted . . . .

It starts with the kids... when I was young you were either a Tech kid or a Dawgs kid.. you would never leave one of those schools and transfer to the other like these kids do today.

Truth . . . . ^ ^ ^ ^

dawgs_fans_dad posted . . . .

I wouldn't hate it if they moved it to the first game of the season. I know. Pipe dream.

dawgs_fans_dad, said that back in 2006 on this board (Dawgs.com) and it did not go well. Can only imagine what Athens and Gainesville would do "profit wise" for the "local vendors". Big money is "entrenched" . . . . want to start a "money war", suggest moving the "cocktail party". Totally on board with "home and home". Folks above Valdosta, Georgia would love to travel shorter distances.

Now M&M wants to change the words "Worlds Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party" . . . . WHY? Have anything to do with currency? Silly me . . . .

Best I remember, might be or could be wrong . . . . kentdaddy and sadlerdawg agreed.

More
7 years 5 months ago #75766 by Buc
Yes, remember Steve Spurrier kicking our butts in Athens.

Takes me to this . . . .

Really want to get the show on the road?

Might be another group of coaches as ogredawg suggests. Or, it might be a different head coach. Or it might be a different offensive coordinator, not Jim Chaney.

Who knows?

Buc knows this . . . . had fifteen years without coming "too close", "close" being the year that we could have kicked Notre Dames butt.

Folks/members . . . . watching Mark Richt closely at the "U". Promise you, he has changed the way he coached in the Classic City". Richt likes the "money" . . . . Boca Raton is not a bad place to live.

Many that post on Dawgs.com do not get to "look at" and "watch" what is going on in the Sunshine State . . . . I do, and remain Red and Black.

gators have a huge following, say again, we (UGA) have to keep our "talent" home. Many of you might not understand, there is a "lot" of talent" in the State of Florida. Every talented player that leaves UGA "hurts" especially when they move South.

End with this . . . . Believe Jimbo Fisher will leave FSU and take over at LSU. Think that Houston Head Couch will be the new head coach at Texas.

More
7 years 5 months ago #75767 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic MONDAY MORNING: before Game 12

Buc wrote: Wartdawg posted . . . .

It starts with the kids... when I was young you were either a Tech kid or a Dawgs kid.. you would never leave one of those schools and transfer to the other like these kids do today.

Truth . . . . ^ ^ ^ ^

I wouldn't hate it if they moved it to the first game of the season. I know. Pipe dream.

dawgs_fans_dad, said that back in 2006 on this board (Dawgs.com) and it did not go well. Can only imagine what Athens and Gainesville would do "profit wise" for the "local vendors". Big money is "entrenched" . . . . want to start a "money war", suggest moving the "cocktail party". Totally on board with "home and home". Folks above Valdosta, Georgia would love to travel shorter distances.

Now M&M wants to change the words "Worlds Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party" . . . . WHY? Have anything to do with currency? Silly me . . . .

Best I remember, might be or could be wrong . . . . kentdaddy and sadlerdawg agreed.

If you mean moving the FU series to home and home, yes, I've always agreed with that

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
7 years 5 months ago #75768 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic MONDAY MORNING: before Game 12

sadlerdawg wrote:

Buc wrote: Wartdawg posted . . . .

Truth . . . . ^ ^ ^ ^

If you mean moving the FU series to home and home, yes, I've always agreed with that

Should of been changed to home and home when the SEC split into 2 divisions.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sadlerdawg, growl

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #75769 by Buc
Like the fact that Brian VanGorder (BVG) is working with the Georgia Football Team again. BVG has a long list of places he has coached since leaving Athens. Man knows the game, just another effort by Kirby Smart to get "depth" on the "coaching staff", much like "depth" being built on the playing level.

Be interesting to see how this plays out . . . . know this, Coach Smart not letting grass grow under his feet. Kirby in my opinion has to show a lot of overall improvement in a relatively short time. He was not hired just because he once played in Athens, he was hired to "build" a solid SEC football team. The entire East side of the SEC are making strides to catch up with the West. Say again, glad to see our coaching staff moving in a different direction than previous years.

A thought . . . . could it be there might be a coach in Athens that has been offered a deal that cannot be refused both economically and coaching abilities? Not going to call a "name", but I could see a coach leave for the reasons mentioned.

Always have liked BVG . . . . being released by Brian Kelly, head coach of Notre Dame, just another head coach over the hill trying to protect himself from receiving a pink slip.

Tech Saturday, BVG glad you are here.

Bye Bye Kelly. Watch the videos below.

www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/1...kelly-stanford-coach

More
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds