Forum

MONDAY MORNING: before Game 12

7 years 4 months ago #75754 by growl
MONDAY MORNING: before Game 12 was created by growl
Hoping for a lot of good practice and sharpening of skills this week!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #75759 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic MONDAY MORNING: before Game 12
There was a time when playing against Georgia Tech, last game on the schedule, bowl game not counted, mattered to more folks than it does today.

Competition has become a very important part of college football, by that I mean having a committee that selects the Final Four. More and more it is becoming apparent that playing in the Final Four means much more than the bowl games. Much more than they once did. Remembering when the Rose, (which avoided the SEC like the plague) Orange, Cotton and Sugar were only for the “best” in representing college fooball.

Move back a little further . . . . College All-Stars lining up against the NFL Champion.

Money coming from corporations have changed college football and I believe this . . . . College football, with all of the “corporate money” at stake will continue to alter the game.

Now some of us older folks, still college football fans, have to change our approach to the “game”.

College football is getting closer and closer to being a problem for the NFL. NFL attendance has declined, college football is moving up. I like that. When I see a Commissioner drawing over 50 million dollars a year, some forked over by the “League” other monies coming from “outside interests”, does not leave me with a real good feeling about the “League”.

So . . . . What does this have to do with Georgia/Georgia Tech?

Proves to me that McGarity did not accept a win over Georgia Tech, a game that was once upon a time a “must” having anything to do with keeping one employed. College game today is all about coins in the pockets of those that like to “keep” you and I entertained.

Wonder if a game against the gators, last game of the year would produce more excitement?

College football has definitely changed . . . . probably suits younger folks, much that has been said is “history”. Many folks never liked “History Lessons in school”.

Go Dawgs, from many posts it is apparent that Tech thinks they will win this game before the fourth quarter is “history”.

:unsure:

www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/...-tech-yellow-jackets
The following user(s) said Thank You: scooby

More
7 years 4 months ago #75760 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic MONDAY MORNING: before Game 12
If the nfl decides to really get in competition with ncaa football,, the first move would be moving pro games to Saturday. I go to a few nfl games every year. Would go to more if they played Saturday afternoon or evening. Hate the 1pm Sunday kickoff for attending.

More
7 years 4 months ago #75761 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic MONDAY MORNING: before Game 12
The NFL regularly playing on Saturday or anytime other than playoff weekends where they don't
want one pro game to overlap another pro game is about the most igorant idea I've ever heard on this website.

This is why I call you a troll... you can not be serious with that comment. That would kill the NFL ratings.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawgs_fans_dad

More
7 years 4 months ago #75762 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic MONDAY MORNING: before Game 12
I don't like UGA - GT at the end of the season. When the teams make it to their respective conference championships it seems more like an exhibition and an opportunity for key injuries before what is honestly a bigger game the next week. Also, it just hasn't been that competitive, wins and losses, over the course of the last decade.

Finally, full disclosure, my other son attends GT so I just can't work up the old-fashioned hate for them. I get much more fired up about Florida, Auburn, Tennessee.

I wouldn't hate it if they moved it to the first game of the season. I know. Pipe dream.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, scooby

More
7 years 4 months ago #75763 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic MONDAY MORNING: before Game 12
Buc... many of us opposed the college football playoff and still oppose expanding it because of how it negates the importance of bowl games.

Hell... having 40 bowl games negates the importance of bowl games because they really mean nothing when 80 teams get to go to one.

UGA and Tech doesn't mean as much anymore because other rivalries have surpassed it and it doesn't seem to mean as much when we are playing for nothing more than the Belk bowl or the Union City underwear bowl, and good ole' fashion hate is too anti-PC. It starts with the kids... when I was young you were either a Tech kid or a Dawgs kid.. you would never leave one of those schools and transfer to the other like these kids do today.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds