Forum

MONDAY MORNING: before Game 12

7 years 4 months ago #75777 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic MONDAY MORNING: before Game 12
If the LBs and D-lineman are disciplined and mind their own space the more athletic teams give their offense all kinds of trouble.
It's been a while since they have beaten Clemson or The U. Familiarity and athletes.

UGA SHOULD be the same way, but for some reason GT still has years where they pile up the yards and points even when they lose.

GTs passing has been a little better this year, but not good enough to bother the 'dawgs IF THEY PLAY THEIR GAME AND DON'T GO OFF SCRIPT.

Paul Johnson usually does coach 'em up which is why this game is often closer than it should be on paper.

I expect a comfortable 'dawg win, but not a blow out.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #75778 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic MONDAY MORNING: before Game 12
The NFL needs to maintain a cozy relationship with the NCAA and both ratings would suffer were they to go head to head on Saturdays. The NFL would suffer the most, especially in then south and in fly over country. It would be insanity for the NFL to try and play on Saturday during the CFB regular season.

It is not only a terrible idea, its also basically an illegal one as the sports broadcasting legislation passed in the the early 60's had language in it that all but barred the NFL from playing on Saturdays and Fridays in order to protect college and HS football from the competition.

The landscape had changed now where CFB doesn't need "protection" but even if that language wasn't there, the NFL wouldn't want the competion either.

This is why the NFL does not play on Saturdays while the CFB regular season is going on. CFB and the NFL only really compete head to head on Thursday's and on some Saturdays during bowl season when the college football lineup is only 1 game and even then they try and stagger the regional aspects so you wouldn't have the Falcons and UGA playing at the same time.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
7 years 4 months ago #75779 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic MONDAY MORNING: before Game 12
Playing Tech and that offense is always a matter of discipline.

If you have it, you force Tech to have perfect execution for 10-12 plays at a time.

If you don't, they break off a chunk of yardage and don't have to matriculate all the way down the field in 4 yard bites.

Passing... Tech has been better but again if we maintain discipline and don't need to come down too far with our DB's and safeties then we can actually bait them into some passing game turnovers. Their passing game isn't really complicated.. it relies on cover guys having to cheat up and peak inside too much.

Discipline, discipline, discipline.

On O... I just shake my head... If we run on first and second, give away our play calls by formation and personnel groupings as Chaney has done so mich this year; it will be a long day.

If we can make them guess, we can do some things and throw in some mid-range stuff on early downs then we will be okay.

Go Dawgs... this rivalry still means something to me.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.027 seconds