Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday # 6

7 years 6 months ago #75106 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Game Day Friday # 6 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

First order of business….thoughts and prayers to all who are in Mathew’s path….

Just received word that game has been moved to Sunday time is TBA…

I have and I am sure others here have read a get deal about last week’s game…..

I read were CKS first season is 24 months long…took awhile for that to sink in…. after the past two game I am grasping and like the concept…

Many agree that it’s not a good measurement on what a coach does in his first season…good or bad….. looking at it as a two year picture gives one recruiting cycle and time for teaching to take effect….gives added time for players to adjust to a new system and coaches…..

Much agreement that we will have a monster 2017 recruiting class which will add depth to many positions while upgrading others….

If all stays the same we will a starting QB for the beginning of the 2017 season….something that we have not had in awhile …

Something else has been confirmed this past week…… Richbots aka bleeding hearts…. Have very very very short memories…

I chatted with one this past week…. Amazingly he felt that MR wouldn’t have lost this past Saturday…… to which I asked him to explain…

The Mess in Memphis, Auburn’s late TD on a tipped pass…. And the OT loss to Tech….. yes many more over the past last 8 years of MR tenure…. To which he said we had many 10 win seasons with MR…… I wished him well and bid him a good day….. you can’t have a conversation with a rock……

Each year I suggest we look at the entire season and not just single games….. To me it gives a better picture of what progress has been made for the entire year….. I am thinking that will be even evident this year……

The past two weeks have done much to help change the culture of our football program….. much work lays ahead to be done… clearly coaching staff and players are making improvements in the right directions…

Chickens…… time to deep fry until extra crispy……

Pause and give thanks

Once again thoughts and prayers for safety to all those in Mathew’s path

Have a great weekend and a safe week.

As always “ Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 6 months ago #75108 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 6
Georgia-South Carolina officially moved to Sunday, 2:30pm. SEC Network.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75109 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 6
I have encountered one MR fan who was waving 4-0 in my face. I reminded him MR took over an exsisting team and KS inherited his not so good team. He had no comment and was still saying the same story.

Kicking bugging me, how in the heck does that happen? The OL and DL discussed much on Dawgs.com. Same old same old. KS seems to have a few work arounds but some things just can't be fixed quickly.

Adjusting to the 24 month process here. Things can change but I think that is the most realistic of expectations. It is enough for me now to see a good second half and playing all the way to the last play.

Stay safe Buc. We are waiting on you to come out from under the hurricane and report in.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

7 years 6 months ago #75110 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 6
Steve, forget the fact he is 4-0. Who have they played? No one. Say he even won a NC at um, which I don't see happening, the fact still remains the same. He became way to relaxed, and very simply wasn't getting the job done. Belly got real full as they say. Laziness had set in. Wasn't the man for the job at UGA any more.

Buc, prayers are with you and yours. Stay safe my friend. if there are any other members who live in the areas affected, sending prayers your way as well.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 6 months ago #75111 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 6
Not sure I believe Kirby inherited a terrible team talent wise.

georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/2016-UGA-rost...with-talent-47129441

There are some good players on the roster. I understand the new coach gets a honeymoon. But UGA will not play anyone with a huge talent advantage.

The u plays fsu tomorrow. I'm sure nobody here keeps up with them. :)

Will find out if they are a good team.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75112 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 6
Muschump would be 4-0 at the U. Lol

thecountrynation.com

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds