Forum

MONDAY MORNING before Game 6

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75072 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 6

Wartdawg wrote: I had no thought of pressuring Dobbs....

I did however have a thought on the UGA defenders setting up behind the receiver and allowing themselves to be boxed out, and the only two that were in front of the UT receiver with their back to thw QB and never turning around to locate the ball.

I also have some thoughts about the ignorant penalty.

I'm not doubting KS though... I'm just pissed at yet another completely avoidable loss that looked amazingly similar to ones in prior seasons.

Have some of the same thoughts Wartdawg.

One thing that keeps returning to my mind is the players drill on this play every Thursday . . . . How do I know that? Coach Smart said so in the press conference. I believe.

Wartdawg, I still have this thing in the back of my mind that not all of the players have "totally" bought into the coaching changeovers.

Can remember well former player Isaiah Crowell playing right out of high school, having to constantly ask AM just before the play was ran . . . . What am I supposed to do? I say that because it is not like the "Hail Mary" has not been covered fully by the coaching staff now in Athens.

Say again, when Smart and Company have their full complement of players in Athens, then "closer looks" are fair game. This group of coaches are busting their butts, they know what was and is expected by the UGA FANS and themselves.

You said . . . . I also have some thoughts about the ignorant penalty. Critical at that time in the game. Will say this, there will be conversation behind closed doors, closed doors to the press and FANS. That is the way Kirby Smart handles "business".
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75074 by growl
Replied by growl on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 6
I havent seen a replay of that penalty yet, so I'm not sure what happened,but did see many other games where much celebrating was overlooked, even though our game is really the only one that matters to me.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 6 months ago #75075 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 6

growl wrote: I havent seen a replay of that penalty yet, so I'm not sure what happened,but did see many other games where much celebrating was overlooked, even though our game is really the only one that matters to me.

If memory serves correctly I believe that after Tennessee picked Eason off a Tennessee player ran out on the field to celebrate....without his helmet on.

I'm not gonna blame the loss on the refs though. For the most part they let the two teams go out there and play ball.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75076 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 6
The last two plays from scrimmage were extremely unusual.

Not normal for a team down 4 to score a td from midfield with less than 20 seconds. Can't believe the ut defenders let the receiver get behind them. Even more unusual for a team to score a td from midfield with four seconds. Throw those two plays out and analyze. . .

I watched the second half. I was very surprised when uga dropped back for a pass on the end zone fumble play.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 6 months ago #75079 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 6
Now for the big question......

Will the game be played Saturday. Matthew is going to be a cat 2 or 3 Hurricane and is going to be off the coast or moving inland Saturday. Not looking good for this game to be played unless.......they move it to Athens

thecountrynation.com

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75080 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 6
Appears that Matthew is going to cause my area some problems, moving a bit more to the West, and we are right on the Atlantic.

Below is a video that maybe some have not watched.

Part 2 . . . .

Kirby mentions discipline and actually puts out numbers. In the case of undisciplined 5%. Have said a couple of times recently that I wondered if everyone had bought in to the new coaching staff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds