Forum

MONDAY MORNING before Game 6

7 years 6 months ago #75081 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 6
Good point ogredawg . . . . Looks like Columbia is going to be in for some "nasty weather" on Saturday. Probably too nasty unless Matthew changes course, which I doubt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75082 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 6
I wanna make it clear that I have NOT lost faith in this staff in general, just some of the decisions that were made on Sat. I'm a 110% in with Smart and I realize that things aren't going to be buttery smooth all the time during a "rebuilding phase".

As an athlete and a coach of youg men I can attest that it's not easy changing HC's and an almost entirely new staff with a new playbook and verbage. Within 2 years Smart will have us right where we wanna be!

As far as the Gamecocks go, may not be facing them this weekend if they don't change location and time. I for one am not worried one bit about SC! As long as we can completely let go of the Vol's loss we should be able to handle SC. And if we come out with revenge on our mind and in our heart we should be able to handle them with ease! Can't let TN beat us twice...
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, dawgs_fans_dad

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75083 by Buc
sflanagan21, never any doubt about your place with Kirby Smart, or Georgia.

Easy enough to look a bit closer at where Butch Jones is this year and where he will "likely" be in 2017. Smart and Company gave the Vols a run that many thought would not happen. Smart's first year at the helm, Jones not so.

I continue to console myself looking at the young men that are committed and those that appear to be heading our way, along with the many young men getting valuable playing time in 2016.

There will always be those of us that wonder about certain play calls, but most of us realize that Kirby Smart is learning, much like the young men he is "teaching".

Looking at Coach Sam Pittman's inroads thus far, makes me wonder why some don't understand he is "totally rebuilding" the offensive line. "Some" meaning the outsiders that are referred to on this board as "Bleeding Hearts". Several on Dawgs.com have "chirped" for a long while about paying attention to the offensive line. Some have needed to for years. We got our man.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, dawgs_fans_dad

More
7 years 6 months ago #75084 by Buc
Wow!!

This is the Seth Emerson that I align with. Straight forward, no fluff.

www.dawgnation.com/football/kirby-smart-...y-is-the-best-policy
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 6 months ago #75085 by Buc
Coach Smart said in the article above . . . .

“I just think when you’re honest with players, they trust you more. I would rather just tell them exactly like I feel.”

This alone will change "some" of the way football is coached in Athens.

Go Dawgs :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 6 months ago #75086 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 6
Buc, I think you broke the code way back. And now it is confirmed:

You said "Kirby mentions discipline and actually puts out numbers. In the case of undisciplined 5%. Have said a couple of times recently that I wondered if everyone had bought in to the new coaching staff. "

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds