Forum

MONDAY MORNING before Game 6

7 years 5 months ago #75062 by growl
MONDAY MORNING before Game 6 was created by growl
We went and got the Vols and then they got us! On to game 6.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 5 months ago #75065 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 6
Working on improvement week to week.

As UGA fans, we are used to to 2 early season losses and working on improvement.

I know that I have heard from others that this wasn't going to be our year anyway
and we could have been 2-3 or 1-4, but that doesn't make this loss any better.

Facts are that we were not 2-2 or 1-3 going in. We were 3-1.

Facts are; supposed to be our year or not... veteran UT team or not... We had them beaten and lost on a desperation jump ball in the endzone because of poor technique in coverage, a lack of discipline, and a stupid short kick off that put them
in position to do it.

Sounds all too familiar to Georgia fans.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 5 months ago #75066 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 6
Wart, I think we all feel just about the same. Just flat out sucks. There are a couple of things we could always question. Calls are always going to be questioned. As far as the kick goes, I don't really know what else Kirby could have done. We don't have a kicker. Realize he admitted he called for Sky, but didn't look much different than the other kicks besides the fact we kicked from 15yds back.

As for the hail mary, I can question what was done, but I can also come up with a legitimate answer why we did what we did. I understand the thought of pressuring Dobbs, but IMO the throw was going to get to the end zone. We tried to pressure him all day, he is mobile enough, he was going to get the throw to the end zone. I think the only thing different I would have done was put Blazevich and Nauta back instead of Carter. I understand Carter is a big boy, that can jump. But ball skills IMO are crucial on that play.

Questioning calls is always going to happen. Right of the fans. I will say I understand why we did what we did. Doesn't mean they were the right decisions, but at least IMO there is logical reasoning behind them. Questioning effort is never acceptable. I was much more disappointed in the win vs Nicholls and the loss to ole miss. Effort was lacking. What I cannot question in this game was the effort of the coaches and the players.

GO DAWGS - will we get up off the mat?

More
7 years 5 months ago #75067 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 6
Questioning a lot less calls then we have been over the last several years

thecountrynation.com

More
7 years 5 months ago #75069 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 6

ogredawg wrote: Questioning a lot less calls then we have been over the last several years

I would be foolish to believe that Smart and Company will not be better prepared in their second year together.

All of us know that "time in grade" is not always a "predictor" of things to come. There has to be a bonding between coaches and . . . . players. Same can be said for FANS . . . . I said that, to be taken as it suits ones personality(s).

Looking back at some of the coaches that have passed through Athens, and again it goes much further back than Richt's time in the Classic City. Seems we could never get the "football forces" to bond over the many years. By that I mean not only the players and coaches . . . . many problems have been far above the playing field.

Say again . . . . This old dawg approves of the position that Smart took "soon" after his arrival. SOMEONE had to change the way our program had been ran and, as has been said by many, "most of us" on this board agreed that Kirby Smart was our choice to "change things". Change many things, including how the media is addressed.

Have found over the years, whether military, civilian or sports, some of the best lessons learned come after "failure". Failure is or should be a sure fire "teacher". Kirby Smart understands that. Others did not.

Those that call themselves FANS, many having been around for the entire Mark Richt Campaign(s) now "chirping" about 2016 UGA Football ups and downs, no longer can be applied to as FANS, now they are back to where they were after the firing/hiring . . . . "Bleeding Hearts".

Dawgs.com is a strong minded, fully qualified (most of the time) board that has the right to label ourselves FANS.

And this . . . . Kirby Smart is a "good man" that will profit in coaching/team experience from games like the one that "hurt all of us".

Go Dawgs :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 5 months ago #75071 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic MONDAY MORNING before Game 6
I had no thought of pressuring Dobbs....

I did however have a thought on the UGA defenders setting up behind the receiver and allowing themselves to be boxed out, and the only two that were in front of the UT receiver with their back to thw QB and never turning around to locate the ball.

I also have some thoughts about the ignorant penalty.

I'm not doubting KS though... I'm just pissed at yet another completely avoidable loss that looked amazingly similar to ones in prior seasons.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds