Forum

Game Week 2 - Between the Hedges

7 years 7 months ago #74425 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Game Week 2 - Between the Hedges
Just after one game you can see not only improvement in play but an improvement in the attitude in how the game is approached.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, AllDawgs5, yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74426 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic Game Week 2 - Between the Hedges
There are always things to fix, and I'm sure we'll talk about most of them in the weeks ahead.

One thing we got right was a fired up coach on the sidelines keeping the pups fired up, even when things were not going right.

CMR used to do that until he "matured" into the HC job. Glad to see the energy back... so mojo too. GO DAWGS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, AllDawgs5, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74427 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Game Week 2 - Between the Hedges
Looking at the group of commits for 2017 at this point . . . . Prior to the coaching change did not see the same type of recruiting. Too many years it was about players the media played up in their wrappers and on the internet, yes looking for job security . . . . "clicks".

Add another 2018 Class of Recruits like the 2017, UGA will be a team to be reckoned with.

Still believe we are going to get some young men in 2017 that have not yet committed and they would probably have played elsewhere had not a coaching change been made.

This week we will have a group coming in to face off with us between the Hedges that realistically do not have much of a chance. Say this for them, they will come and they will play to their abilities. To be admired.

georgia.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Commits

Latavious Brini, is with us at this point, don't mean to be ugly, do however expect this young man to latch on with Miami. I hope not, he is a very good player, but . . . . Thomas Brown is working hard on Brini, along with others.

Will be interesting to see how Coach Smart coaches the game Saturday.

Go Dawgs :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, AllDawgs5, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74428 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Game Week 2 - Between the Hedges
We've got to work on the kicking game, but I fear it will take a year or two to really solidify that. I believe the cupboard was left as bare there as it
was at the QB position after Murray left.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, AllDawgs5, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74431 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Game Week 2 - Between the Hedges
Sadler, I agree about the 2 QB system. Not a fan. At the same time, I truly don't think they have much of a choice. If Eason is struggling with audibles, scheme recognition, it is tough. So much goes on pre-snap. Just a tough spot to be in. I believe they are truly waiting on Eason to step, and earn the position. He looks much more comfortable once the ball is snapped. I was very hesitant about the competition leading up to the game, but I was wrong. I think this coaching staff handled it perfectly. There doesn't see to be as much tension with this QB battle as there is with most, and that is because of how the coaches are handling it. Hopefully, it doesn't end like most QB battles. UGLY.

Buc, we are going to get talent where I think we need it. O-Line. CKS is going to take recruiting to a whole another level. With that being said, I think there is quite a bit of talent in Athens right now. I think there are 2 areas lacking. O-line and WR. We need a serious playmaker on the outside. Just seems Juco WR never pan out for us. I was hoping the Wimms kid would change that. Outside of those 2, we have quite a bit of talent IMO. However, O-line is just to crucial in the league, and we are lacking. They are improving, and have no doubts they will continue to improve.

We got punched in the mouth in the 3rd Qtr. Got back up, and answered the bell. Haven't seen that in a while. Dome was rocking.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74432 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Game Week 2 - Between the Hedges
AllDawgs5, you along with ogredawg go back several years discussing concern over the lack of offensive line talent. yd1 can also be included with being concerned about the offensive line. Think many on Dawgs.com were, some of us just "chirp" a little more . . . . :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds