Forum

Game Week 2 - Between the Hedges

7 years 7 months ago #74419 by stevedawg
Game Week 2 - Between the Hedges was created by stevedawg
Nicholls State Colonels coming in for a game.

Should be a lot of playing opportunities for every body.

Some tuning up.

Figure out how to deal with a couple of issues.

I am worried about the kicking. Some throwing and pocket issues.

I could go on. What do you think the focus will be on?

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
7 years 7 months ago #74420 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Game Week 2 - Between the Hedges
Fundamentals playing your position, more of Kirby's blue collar work ethic. Don't believe we will see anything fancy just a team growing together. Would like to see Eason get the start like some have said believe the offense plays with more fire when he is in the game. Kicking game scares the crap out of me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74421 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Game Week 2 - Between the Hedges
The kickers should have some sore tired legs by the end of the day on Thursday, it scares the heck out of me also DAWGtm,but we have to go with what we have. I have the feeling we will be going for 4th and three if we are inside the 35 yd line until somebody steps up.

Emphasis on the OL pass blocking, secondary work on deep patterns, getting the TE's involved.

Other than that we're fine! Oh yeah one more thing QB play

GO DAWGS!!!!!!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
7 years 7 months ago #74422 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Game Week 2 - Between the Hedges

stevedawg wrote: I could go on. What do you think the focus will be on?

I think both special teams and O-Line will be getting overtime in this week's practices. Special teams continues to plague us, and for some reason, we seem to stand a better chance of finding the fountain of youth than we do a kicker who can kickoff into the end zone.

CKS was not shy (once again) in calling out the o-Line blocking as a major problem, and even going as far as to call out a few players by name. I can only imagine that hearing CKS go public with this issue means that Sam Pittman is probably as loud as a foghorn in the locker room about our o-line deficiencies. Practice this week will include the two QB farce we have to endure until the obvious finally emerges that Eason needs to be our full time QB and the coaches sufficiently give the world the impression that there was a real competition here. I've never been a fan of a two QB system, nor a running back by committee situation. That's one too many roosters in the hen house as far as I'm concerned.

The secondary will probably be getting some extra mentoring from CKS this week, because they clearly had some missed coverage that could have cost us dearly this past Saturday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 7 months ago #74423 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Game Week 2 - Between the Hedges
I've never been a fan of the two qb system either, especially when they are both pro set drop back passers. Eason is much better in pretty much every game situation I've seen. No game is a gimme any more, but our next two should offer a good opportunity to pick a qb ( Eason) and solidify a good game plan and run it a couple of times before our next big test.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, AllDawgs5, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74424 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Game Week 2 - Between the Hedges
Appreciate the words coming out of Coach Smart’s mouth. He does not sugar coat football talk. Especially when it comes to what I believe the real deal to be . . . . improve UGA Football across the entire board.

Kirby knows what he has on this team. Coming from a team that he watched and coached at the highest level, he understands that we are not there yet. Probably going to take two or three years to play on Saturdays and expect the same results he was around for many years in Tuscaloosa.

Nick Saban has made it a practice of reminding those that have coached for him that he likes nothing better than kicking the butts of those that have served time with him and now will face off with him.

It will be next to impossible to get the 2016 Team well rounded this year. Expect to win some, also expect there will be some games that will cause heartburn.

Has been mentioned often on Dawgs.com that we were not organized in our recruiting for many years, both sides of the ball. That in my opinion is what Kirby is focusing on now. Believe he has the right “talent” on his coaching staff. Not a doubt that every coach on the staff understand they have to recruit the way Smart has for years on end. That is basically called “depth” and top talent.

As for the kicking game . . . . Anyone watch the game last night and the field goal kicker for FSU? FSU also had a different young man on kickoffs, kicking the football through the endzone often.

Coach Smart understands our needs and for sure he understands kicking/punting in the SEC is a “requirement”. Been that way for decades.

From where I sit . . . . really want to see improvement in all phases of the game, that will happen in short order under Smart and Company. Again, not a doubt.

Go Dawgs, coach’em up! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, SouthernDawg, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds