Forum

Game Week 2 - Between the Hedges

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74439 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Game Week 2 - Between the Hedges
When I look at our hiring of Kirby Smart, then look at the hires that Kirby made, becomes clear to me that our head coach knows exactly where he wants to take our football program.

Kirby was very active on the sideline against UNC. We also get glimpses of other coaches, they too were active on the sideline, including Scott Sinclair, S&C coach.

Leaves little doubt that the coaches were carefully chosen. Our head coach does have a plan, see where some sites are questioning a lot of his decisions, such as starting quarterback. That is ok, but I know where that will end. Thinking more along the lines of finishing the 2016 Season under this group of coaches and how our players mindset will be further down the line. Not giving up on the 2016 Season, games in front of us I feel we are competitive. Maybe real competitive as we get more game time under the players and coaches belts. Smart and Company have been together for a short time, from what I am seeing both in coaching and recruiting, this old dawg has positive thoughts.

Watching the game film . . . . Scott Sinclair had these young men between Spring and Fall. The results of Sinclair and his group of coaches showed up in my opinion against UNC late in the third quarter and definitely in the fourth.

Georgia cleared a high hurdle when the change was made for the 2016 Season. Talking about the “high hurdles”, borrowing from the track folks.

Go Dawgs, know you are being coached up.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, SouthernDawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74440 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Game Week 2 - Between the Hedges
Another little tid-bit that I would like to pass along.

Coach Fedora said in his press conference that Georgia did some things "defensively" that they had not prepared for.

That in my way of thinking tells me that WE, you and I have a different way to look at Georgia Football.

Fedora said on his communication channels in North Carolina that he and his coaches and players have looked at, reviewed Alabama film on the possibilities of what Coach Smart might do.

Guess I am too wrapped up in a "new beginning" not to hear what "others" have to say about the "change" that Smart and Company have presented in the Classic City.

Looking at the 2017 Recruits, knowing that there is a possibility that not all commits will sign a LOI. Also looking at the 2017 Recruits, know that many will play in Athens. I say that for this . . . . Smart and Company will "NEVER" get behind the "eight ball" on the recruiting trail, and the single biggest reward is for you and I. That is why you and I support the Red and Black.

Head Coach Kirby Smart will do what has not been done maybe ever . . . . Kirby is the leader that we have not had for . . . . ?

Always had talent, but the talent level dwindled for the past x number of years.

Those sticking around Dawgs.com over a period of time might want to do as many on this site do, look for coaching improvement and talk about "getting better". Then . . . . doing just that.

:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds