Forum

Game Week 2 - Between the Hedges

7 years 6 months ago #74433 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Game Week 2 - Between the Hedges
Hoping by the time we get to Oxford this year the O line will show the cohesiveness to perform as a unit. Hopefully Catalina will have gotten used to the speed of the game and DE's that play in this league. He really impressed me with his run blocking, pass protection not so much. Still have a ways to go to get where they need to be depth wise, no doubt that Pittman will get them there.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, AllDawgs5, yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #74434 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Game Week 2 - Between the Hedges
Eason clearly motivates the team better. He is the unquantifiable IT thing. The team just seems better when he is in the game. Let the kid play.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, AllDawgs5, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, SouthernDawg, growl

More
7 years 6 months ago #74435 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Game Week 2 - Between the Hedges
Buc, O-line has been an issue for quite a few years, believe yourself and ogre were the first to bring it up years ago. Unfortunately, we continued to slip. Whether it was a talent issue, or a coaching issue, we dropped the ball for quite a few years.

Kentdaddy, agree. I like what Eason brings to the table. I also fear what I like, is also the same reason he gets in trouble. I like a kid that knows you have to take some shots. He hit one, and we got 2 big PI calls on the other 2. Seems more and more coaches don't like taking those shots unless WR are open. Sometimes you have to throw it out there and hope a kid makes a play, or get a PI, like we did Saturday. I also feel that's what was missing the last couple of years. I agree, don't take risk in the short/intermediate passing game, but every now and then, take a shot. Eason did that. Afraid 2 of them are going to be considered bad reads.

GO DAWGS. Did anybody see Walker absolutely destroy the wedge on the last KO return? That's how you blow up a return.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm, growl

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #74436 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Game Week 2 - Between the Hedges
Read this article:

www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/201...ayers_knew_they.html

Now, rewind to CKS' introductory presser when he was announced as the new HC.

The Process is hard work. We will be a football program of relentless effort, mental toughness, and we will be a big, physical, football team.

Now, fast forward from that comment made on that day to the UGA program we saw on the field Saturday at the Dome. What did we do to establish dominance in that game? We continued to line up and pound the ball. Pound it, pound it and pound it some more. You could see by the 4th quarter, UNC was worn down. One of the unheralded stats of the UNC game was time of possession.

Georgia: 38:07 | North Carolina 21:53

That meant that we just continued to milk the clock and wore them out. By the 4th quarter, the blocking on their o-line was not nearly as solid, the up-tempo game that they had tried to establish as the pace of the game at the outset was gone altogether. How do you accomplish that? By superior conditioning and being a physical team at the line of scrimmage.

This is how you win, and win big in the SEC. This is what takes you to championship games.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 6 months ago #74437 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Game Week 2 - Between the Hedges
Points well made SD...... HC and staff understand winning

And how to work the process to reach that goal

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #74438 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Game Week 2 - Between the Hedges
Mention often that I watch film of the previous game. Chance to slow the video down and look at areas of concern or areas that please.

Opening kickoff for example . . . . Not returnable. :whistle:

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds