DWS. Georgia sends you three woofs. Glad your back

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #74244 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Game Week - Monday Press Conference Breakdown

AllDawgs5 wrote: I am a fan of everything that CKS has brought to the table, except for the way this whole QB situation is playing out. I don't care if he comes out and states, "Guys look, we know who the starter is going to be, and you will find out Saturday". If this is actually still a competition, 5 days before you kick off the season, you have watched both QB's through spring, summer, and fall camp, and you do not know who you are going to start 5 days before the opener, that is concerning. If he is truly going back and forth in practices, just going to make it that much tougher on the guy who loses the job. Imagine what this would do to Eason. Practices for a week and a half with the ones, has to be feeling pretty good about himself, game week comes and he finds out he is not the starter. My hope is this is not the case, and my true feelings are that this is not the case, but you leave yourself open to questioning?

I understand everyone's frustration with the AJC media. They were CMR homers, and 99% of this board grew to despise CMR. I get that. He underperformed. But he is gone, I am very happy with the coaching change we made. I am also happy for CMR. Hope he does well. He did a lot for UGA. Would I take him over CKS, no chance.

My problem is this, when you sign a $4-5million contract, media appearances and obligations are apart of that contract. Me personally, I wouldn't have a pissy attitude with media. They were a helping hand in growing this big business, so these coaches can have million dollar homes, lake houses, etc.. Give back a portion of that money, and don't do the pressers. I am not interested in having the Marshawn Lynch saga every week.

Just so everyone knows, my interest is in the D. IMO doesn't matter who starts at QB. UNC brings back a pretty dang good offense.

Hope everyone is doing well.

GO DAWGS

AD5,

I completely hear what you're saying, but I think you need to look at the reality of why the coaches are on such a short fuse with the media. Sports journalists largely exist these days to create a narrative, not to report "the news" surrounding a football team. Case in point was Chippy's / Pouty's little narrative he tried creating that got slapped down. If journalists came into those press conferences with honest questions that weren't laced with the ulterior motive of personal advancement by creating the news rather than reporting it, then I think coaches would be far more amiable to the press. If you listen to Kirby, when a reporter asks a legitimate question, he always starts off his response with: "good question..." and then goes into a thoughtful reply and takes more time with that reporter.

I understand dealing with the media is part of the job, but when a coach answers the same question 10 times asked in 10 different creative manners by 10 different journalists, it gets old. When I was a kid and would try to ask my dad 10 different ways the same question expecting a different answer than the one he already gave, on the second try he'd say "what part of no don't you understand son?" If I kept on at it, I would be told to go tear a switch off our oak trees outside and come back to see him. He and I would work on my understanding together. If the media are pissy because Kirby was short with them, then guess what, they created that situation and are just butt hurt because he won't give them the dirt they want to report on. Tough luck fellas. Different coach, different era, different attitude.

I don't expect Kirby to name a starter until game day, but you can rest assured that Eason already knows, as does the entire team, who will be under center this Saturday night. Kirby is well aware of who is starting. This situation is much like Eason knew he was coming to UGA the entire time. Kirby knows exactly who is going to start. He'd be a fool not to, and people are seeing in Kirby the exact same mode of operation we have seen out of Saban. No info will be given to help the enemy. Ever. The press will find out probably the same time as the fans do. I'm fine with that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, sadlerdawg, AllDawgs5, yankeedawg1, growl

• SouthernDawg
  • SouthernDawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 6 months ago #74245 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Game Week - Monday Press Conference Breakdown
Kirby not taking the bait from the main stream 'media folks'? (Notice I did not say journalists.) They are looking for what will produce a sensation headline and clicks.

Let 'em whine. Kirby is smarter than that.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1

7 years 6 months ago #74246 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Game Week - Monday Press Conference Breakdown
I can definitely agree with those thoughts, but I think they do the exact opposite. I think they give the media more views, more publicity. For the last 4 weeks, my guess is that a large contingent of folks are tuning in to every word they have to say, hoping something will break. How many articles are out there right now dealing with this particular situation? Its the most focused point on every media site dealing with UGA football. The media has to be loving this. Everyone gets to give their take on who they feel the QB will be. From DJ to Chip to McElroy. My guess is the media doesn't truly want a starting QB to be named. That's one article.

As for keeping UNC in the dark, after watching their run defense last year, I can almost guarantee, they are not concerned about who is going to be taking snaps. Believe they gave up 600+ yards rushing to Baylor. My guess is all their attention is going to be on 27, 1, and whoever else could be taking hand offs. Nothing is going to change schematically no matter which QB plays. Styles are the same. This isn't DJ and David in a QB battle. They aren't going to have to install a game plan specific to either.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
7 years 6 months ago #74247 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Game Week - Monday Press Conference Breakdown
"Southern Dawg:"My problem is this, when you sign a $4-5million contract, media appearances and obligations are apart of that contract. Me personally, I wouldn't have a pissy attitude with media. They were a helping hand in growing this big business, so these coaches can have million dollar homes, lake houses, etc.. Give back a portion of that money, and don't do the pressers. I am not interested in having the Marshawn Lynch saga every week."

Yes publicity helps. Apparently the less he tells the more the ajc and other are on fired with clicks speculating.

I perceive it as Kirby retraining the media to fit him, not them. He is the boss.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

7 years 6 months ago #74248 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Game Week - Monday Press Conference Breakdown
I sure hope you are right. Just not big on it, and unfortunately his plan to prove who the boss is, is creating a situation the media is drooling over. Nobody likes a QB controversy more than the media. Not sure who is playing who at this point?

Defense better be ready to play.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds