Forum

Game Week - Monday Press Conference Breakdown

7 years 7 months ago #74258 by Buc
Good to see you back AllDawgs5. Couple of changes have been made since you and I first started discussing UGA Football on Dawgs.com.

Seems now that we are on the path that was discussed a long time back about the plan . . . . Believe you said to me that looking ahead, 4 or so years then change would "probably" come. You were spot on. Hope all is well with you and the family.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: AllDawgs5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74259 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Game Week - Monday Press Conference Breakdown
Buc, changes for the better no doubt. Haven't stated yet, but this coaching staff is probably one of the better ones we have had, ever. Chaney will be very good. He is extremely good at adapting to what he has. My guess is TE will become much more involved. I can remember sitting in neyland thinking I was about to watch the Dawgs hammer ut. Chaney took a very below average qb, put him in successful situations, and he had a career game. Not to mention the numerous other qb's on his resume. Pittman is one of the best in the business if not the best. Kirby and Tucker on the defensive side. Definitely not any better out there.

My reason for concern is, many thought to be can't miss HC's have started off beating their chest whose the boss with the media. Heck, spurrier let it get the best of him at times. They end up getting distracted. Most don't end up making it very long. It doesn't matter who they are. Just about all media is the same. They are in it for the ratings. Let them be.

And that is the last I will mention that. The wife and I are heading down early Saturday.

Family is doing great Buc. I hope the same for your crew.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74260 by Buc
AD5 have tried to follow Glenn Schumann closely since arriving in Athens. Do not hear a lot of "coach speak" from Glenn. Another area of coaching that reminds me of Saban/Smart relationship.

You played the game at a higher level, understandable to "me" that players like Natrez Patrick are in the college game and are "all in" with young coaches like Schumann.

Myself, don't have a problem with those that seem to have a problem with Smart and Company employing the same tactics that "most" of them picked up in Tuscaloosa. Takes some longer than others, guess that statement fits "us".

Have said this more than once, as have a couple of others on Dawgs.com . . . . sincerely hope that this group put together by Coach Smart remain together for a long time. Staff stays together, sure as heck makes recruiting easier from year to year. Only thing needed . . . . win more than the East Side of the SEC, or set our sites a bit higher.

Remember well what Tennessee did to UGA when Chaney was coaching in Knoxville. Sure hope we can turn the tables this time around.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74261 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Game Week - Monday Press Conference Breakdown

AllDawgs5 wrote:
Kirby has a chance to be one of the best coaches we have ever had. He knows 2 things extremely well. Recruiting and Defense. Those 2 alone can keep you competitive every year. I just don't want to see him battling wits with the media.

GO DAWGS

I agree he has that chance, and for the exact reasons you mentioned.

I also don't want to see him battling wits with the media. It would be a bloodbath, and as much as I dislike a lot of the media, such a beatdown would be cringeworthy to watch.

B)

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74413 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Game Week - Monday Press Conference Breakdown
Something to keep in mind when "feeding the journalists."
(And, btw, I'm a Grady grad.) These guys want to be able to ask "the" question, so they can add it to their byline or article. It adds credibility to their writing, regardless of context or usefulness. They want to say that they were the one to discover "who the starting QB is...or [add relevant controversy here]." Does it make more sense now as to why these guys ask the same question repeatedly? What maddens me is that they go to the pressers with only a single question...maybe two, and they're so focused on their own point that they miss it when somebody else preempts them. If they were professional, they would have a list of questions for the head coach, so that when somebody else gets the main question early in the presser, they have something relevant to fall back on. I'm glad Kirby gets pissy with them. He's a busy man. I'd love to see him kick pouty from the presser for being a dumbass. Sorry...thinking out loud right now. A professional journalist would have fall back questions. The fact that the same thing gets brought up multiple times shows that you're dealing with hacks.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
7 years 7 months ago #74414 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Game Week - Monday Press Conference Breakdown
Pouty's question from last Monday apparently is a stick in Kirby's craw because he lectured another journalist today at his presser about putting words in his mouth, "like Chip did last week."

Good on Kirby for continuing to highlight this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• SouthernDawg
  • SouthernDawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds