Game Week - Monday Press Conference Breakdown

7 years 7 months ago #74251 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Game Week - Monday Press Conference Breakdown

yankeedawg1 wrote: Find it funny that the entire ajc staff had comments on

On how CKS was short with them....large amounts of

Diaper rash has hit the ajc. Mark Bradley got his boxers

In a bunch.....press learned best not to poke HC with a

Stoopid. Question....Go Dawgs

Well not to beat the horse... but look what they were used to before KS showed up.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74252 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Game Week - Monday Press Conference Breakdown

AllDawgs5 wrote: I am a fan of everything that CKS has brought to the table, except for the way this whole QB situation is playing out. I don't care if he comes out and states, "Guys look, we know who the starter is going to be, and you will find out Saturday". If this is actually still a competition, 5 days before you kick off the season, you have watched both QB's through spring, summer, and fall camp, and you do not know who you are going to start 5 days before the opener, that is concerning. If he is truly going back and forth in practices, just going to make it that much tougher on the guy who loses the job. Imagine what this would do to Eason. Practices for a week and a half with the ones, has to be feeling pretty good about himself, game week comes and he finds out he is not the starter. My hope is this is not the case, and my true feelings are that this is not the case, but you leave yourself open to questioning?

Personally I think he's known all along who his starter would be. It was Eason's to lose and he didn't despite KS giving him all summer to do it.

I don't mind one bit what he has done or not done "naming" him. I think there were reasons he has handled it the way he did, and I'm not going to question those reasons and just assume some different way would have been better. He knows better than I, and I imagine he knows why better than any of us. Should he have told his senior that the job belonged to the freshman after week 2? Doubt it. Should he have promised the job ala Mark Richt and then have to keep his promise no matter what happened? The answer there is a resounding NO. I would also guess he was sending a message to the press that he doesn't owe them an explanation for his decisions, and I'll take that demeanor from him all day long. To have the top tier level of success at this level you have to run the show... you can't let the show run you. I am only guessing but I think clearing the air with the media around here was probably a good thing.

I remember a couple of times when MR got pissy with the press and many loved his spunk and attitude. New guy does it and it's him being out of line... not in my book.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, SouthernDawg, growl

More
7 years 7 months ago #74253 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Game Week - Monday Press Conference Breakdown
Hear hear Wartdawg!

Well done sir.

By the way, I see Chip wrote us a reply:

www.dawgnation.com/football/opinion/towe...ions-always-volatile
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

• SouthernDawg
  • SouthernDawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 7 months ago #74254 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Game Week - Monday Press Conference Breakdown
I believe the media is loving this. AJC, bleacher report, espn, they all want ratings. They are getting them. Also, as I stated. Just tell the media, "Hey I know who the starter is, but I am not going to tell you guys" Or could be that CKS and staff watched the Baylor tape. I watched the game last year so I might be a little off, but seems Baylor ran a wildcat look against UNC. Direct snaps to running backs as well. They were completely shredding the UNC defense. Maybe he isn't starting a QB at QB. Maybe we start out in the wildcat.

Was going to ask a question about the CMR comment, but not going down that road. He is gone. Like the move we made. No need to play the role of bitter ex girlfriend.

Kirby has a chance to be one of the best coaches we have ever had. He knows 2 things extremely well. Recruiting and Defense. Those 2 alone can keep you competitive every year. I just don't want to see him battling wits with the media.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74255 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Game Week - Monday Press Conference Breakdown
Chip sure has a high opinion of himself. He calls himself a journalist.

He wants to continue to ask stupid questions, try to get the coach to say something he can turn sensational, etc. etc. Click farming.

No Chip, the public does not have a right to know the coach's plans. Neither does the other team. Who starts QB in a game is the coach's decision and not up for your approval and clicks.

I am glad he keeps his mouth shut about such things. Including all internal operations in his staff and team.

The game is played on the field, not in the media.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sadlerdawg, SouthernDawg, growl

7 years 7 months ago #74256 by growl
Poor, Pitiful, pouty!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, SouthernDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds