Forum

Game Week - Monday Press Conference Breakdown

7 years 7 months ago #74237 by SouthernDawg
Game Week - Monday Press Conference Breakdown was created by SouthernDawg
www.georgiadogs.com/collegesportslive/?media=535433

This week's press conference showed Kirby in a whole different demeanor - strictly business. This is what we've been waiting for folks.

To say Kirby handled the press like Nick does is an understatement - he handled them exactly like Nick does. He was visibly irritated at having to field the same old stupid "when are you going to name a starting QB" question, and even went as far as to call out Chippy for taking journalistic liberties and fabricating a situation which simply was not there. I am going out on a limb and making a prediction that before the season's out, there's going to be a showdown between CKS and the media. Gauging by his mannerisms, his disinterest in being in there with them, and his short answers - he's letting it be known right now that his patience is thin and these media types are on a short leash with him.

Buc - this one's for you.

If Sam Pittman could speak to the media, Kirby spoke for him today. It is abundantly clear that Kirby is not happy one iota with his line size or its depth. He came right back to that point again today. They're going to have so many guys getting their shot at line play that Sam may even invite the water boy over to sub in as long as he's at least 6'-1" and 315 pounds.

There wasn't one moment of coach speak - in fact, just the opposite. This was a presser that sent a clear message to the media:

I'll tell you what you need to know when you need to know it and when I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

This season's gonna be fun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, LimeyDawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SouthernDawg
  • SouthernDawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74238 by Buc
Dawgs.com hit the nail on the head again shortly before Kirby arrived in Athens.

It was said openly on this board . . . . many members were looking forward to "Pouty" aka "Chippy" being "dressed down military style". ;)

Spot on SouthernDawg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74239 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Game Week - Monday Press Conference Breakdown
How BOUT these Dawgs under new management hope all is well with everybody.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 7 months ago #74240 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Game Week - Monday Press Conference Breakdown
Find it funny that the entire ajc staff had comments on

On how CKS was short with them....large amounts of

Diaper rash has hit the ajc. Mark Bradley got his boxers

In a bunch.....press learned best not to poke HC with a

Stoopid. Question....Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm, growl

More
7 years 7 months ago #74241 by Buc

Dawg With Style wrote: How BOUT these Dawgs under new management hope all is well with everybody.

Good to see you back DWS. Hope al is well with you. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
7 years 7 months ago #74242 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Game Week - Monday Press Conference Breakdown
I am a fan of everything that CKS has brought to the table, except for the way this whole QB situation is playing out. I don't care if he comes out and states, "Guys look, we know who the starter is going to be, and you will find out Saturday". If this is actually still a competition, 5 days before you kick off the season, you have watched both QB's through spring, summer, and fall camp, and you do not know who you are going to start 5 days before the opener, that is concerning. If he is truly going back and forth in practices, just going to make it that much tougher on the guy who loses the job. Imagine what this would do to Eason. Practices for a week and a half with the ones, has to be feeling pretty good about himself, game week comes and he finds out he is not the starter. My hope is this is not the case, and my true feelings are that this is not the case, but you leave yourself open to questioning?

I understand everyone's frustration with the AJC media. They were CMR homers, and 99% of this board grew to despise CMR. I get that. He underperformed. But he is gone, I am very happy with the coaching change we made. I am also happy for CMR. Hope he does well. He did a lot for UGA. Would I take him over CKS, no chance.

My problem is this, when you sign a $4-5million contract, media appearances and obligations are apart of that contract. Me personally, I wouldn't have a pissy attitude with media. They were a helping hand in growing this big business, so these coaches can have million dollar homes, lake houses, etc.. Give back a portion of that money, and don't do the pressers. I am not interested in having the Marshawn Lynch saga every week.

Just so everyone knows, my interest is in the D. IMO doesn't matter who starts at QB. UNC brings back a pretty dang good offense.

Hope everyone is doing well.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds