Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

7 years 7 months ago #74202 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

Rain still causing practice problems….however CKS used the rain to motivate last Saturdays scrimmage.

More learning to be comfortable with being uncomfortable…. Can’t always guarantee what the weather is going to be during a game…

Good new that EH ankle looks like it won’t be a lengthy injury…. A very Good thing…

Quick shout out to SD for acknowledging that the Dawg fans that call Dawgs.com home are indeed at special group of knowledgeable college football fans with a heavy focus on the Bulldogs… much to learn from reading the posts put up here….

Having lived for 30 years in Chattanooga I am getting both ears filled by the pumpkin people….. this is there year… don’t even have to play the games…. Just wait to the first weekend in December and show up and win the SECG…. Then play for a NC…

I have no clue what our record will be when the urange come to Athens… It won’t matter…. This a payback game….. RD remembers the dropped TD pass…… his words… He is using this to motivate him…. to practice and play even harder…… leadership……

Those who follow my Friday posts know how I feel about doing things with passion. You will never do anything well or for very long without passion.

Earlier this month I was able after many years to meet the headdawg Steve for lunch.

After an interesting conversation about our pasts we very quickly moved onto the subject of Bulldog football.

Steve noted that as always happens when the first game gets closer the return of our regular posters increases.

We still have empty chairs around the table…. Some still read and choose not to post….. I really miss hearing their thoughts and comments.. be a very good thing to have them rejoin the conversation..

Also those who read and never want to jump in an express their thoughts…please do…. We grow only if we are willing to listen to what others think… everything we do in life…. Has a first time….

Lunch lasted for a little over two hours….much swapping of stories and laughs..

The drive home to Athens gave me time to think about our shared time…

Steve like all who post and read Dawg.com is very passionate about Georgia football.

Interesting that SD spoke to how this board is really more than just a place to spew and vent….

In that light we need to step up and drop a donation in the basket to help with the costs that Steve pays to keep a place for us to come to.

So it can’t be said…Do as I say and not as I do…. I have made my donation to keep the lights on……

Ok one week to go until kickoff…. Time to work on game plan..

Growl…Killer…. Anyone else….. what’s the starting lineup for first Tailgate menu…

YD1….. is going with a grilled pork tenderloin….. grilled veggies… massive amount of IPA….craft brews….. more than likely ladies will make a macaroni salad and a sweet goodie to aid the sugar rush..

Ladies and Gents…. Our wait is almost over….

Looking forward to the first….. From Athens-Game Day Friday

Soooooo……ready

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week….

As always “Go Dawgs” !!!

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, NC_Dawg, Buc, sadlerdawg, SouthernDawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 7 months ago #74203 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Tennessee fans are so ridiculous. I was at the gym a few weeks ago and a guy was wearing a UT shirt and I was wearing my UGA shirt, so we got to talking. I told him I was going to the UT game in Athens and he said, matter of factly, "Yeah, after we win that one we should have the east wrapped up." That's their attitude this year, like, them going to the SECCG is a foregone conclusion and the entire season is a 3 month coronation of them. I really hope they lose more SEC games than ever.

And my menu for next Saturday will likely be smoked pulled pork barbecue, with plenty of beer, and a few Irish whiskey sours for me and a few Tom Collins for the mrs.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74204 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
I'm getting the same comments from Florida State fans back home that the ACC is theirs to lose and that Clemson is a paper tiger. I told my buddy that hope springs eternal, but FSU can't even get a solid QB sorted out. I'm quite sure Clemson has theirs sorted out.

UT fans are 1 degree removed from Florida fans. History hasn't been kind to that attitude, especially for Tennessee.

Great comments YD. 1 week to go.

Next Saturday's menu includes pulled pork, sausage, fried pickles, green beans with ham hock, cornbread and at least a few Jasper Daniels.

Can't wait. Fall is here.

Go Dawgs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74205 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Sadler and sd.. Your tailgate game plans sound solid

Thanks for sharing...I am good friends with Jasper's

Brother..... John.... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, sadlerdawg, SouthernDawg

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 7 months ago #74206 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Always some pulled pork for the tailgate. A couple of ribs, tater salad. All my wife's special recipes. She is a South Dakota farm girl but cooks like a southerner. If I hadn't told you that and you ate her cooking you would think she was from Macon or there about. Her Brunswick stew is top notch.

YD1 and I had a good old time at lunch. We will do it again soon. It is good to know some Georgia fans that have extensive knowledge and memories. Some of the board members were even around during Wally Butt's career. (I was a teenager then.)

The Georgia Bulldogs are moving forward. I am ready to get it started. I like what I see and want to get it on the field.

Growl, you up for doing the game day this year?

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

7 years 7 months ago #74207 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
sadlerdawg wrote:

Tennessee fans are so ridiculous. I was at the gym a few weeks ago and a guy was wearing a UT shirt and I was wearing my UGA shirt, so we got to talking. I told him I was going to the UT game in Athens and he said, matter of factly, "Yeah, after we win that one we should have the east wrapped up." That's their attitude this year, like, them going to the SECCG is a foregone conclusion and the entire season is a 3 month coronation of them. I really hope they lose more SEC games than ever.

Unfortunately, we in WNC are surrounded by the Urnge Hordes that have awakened from their post Phat Phil slumber and jumped aboard the Butch Bus! Their numbers have soared, as have their expectations! I too, hope said expectations fail miserably!

What gym do you attend? Having recently become a single man, I find the need to redirect myself and I'm looking around MoTown for a good gym...

GO DAWGS!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds