Forum

Why Eason is the QB

7 years 8 months ago #74051 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic Why Eason is the QB
LimeyDawg,

Absolutely right. We have not a solid QB since AM and it has caused too many headaches. What does more for the team: getting Eason ready to win big next year or playing the guys who have had a long time to prove they are NOT the guy? If Eason is not the guy either, then we're just in a deeper hole until next year.

Stafford took some lumps early, but it was clear he was the real deal. I expect to see the same from Eason, but with the added extra of an experienced O Line, a running game, and new coaches.

Play him as much as possible from day 1.

Find the guys around him who won't quit when it's hard and put out as much in the fourth quarter as they do in the first.

It's going to be a fun year, and potentially a more interesting one than most seem to expect. I'm looking for somewhere between "intense" and "magic". Always hope for the latter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc, DAWGtm, SouthernDawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #74066 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Why Eason is the QB
Rockdawg(rockdawg) . . . .

Trevor Lawrence.

There is a lot being said about Trevor. I hope that he feels that Georgia is the best place for him.

Young man has an enormous amount of talent, watched a lot of film on Trevor.

Ok . . . . do not beat me up too badly . . . .

I would not be surprised to see Trevor Lawrence move further out and decide to play somewhere else, other than Georgia or Clemson. Huge talent.

Both of the universities have a lot of talent at the position, and yes I do understand depth.

Would not be surprised to see this young man sign with . . . . you name the university.

Quarterbacks get most of the attention, that is if you understand the BS that went on Athens prior to the change over. Don't jump me, look at our past 15 years. If you choose a face off, I will do that, and win.

This is where I am at . . . . Stay with the program since the change over . . . . build the offensive and defensive lines. This has been a problem for years, you folks know that, nothing new being said.

Remember this, I do . . . . Quarterbacks are not the only players that get injured. Again, would bet the farm on this . . . . Coach Smart and his staff understand that "walls" are either built or . . . .

Remember this, if you like . . . . the AJC especially, and others if you do some research, always had "copy space" for the "skilled positions". No it is not Bullspit, it is continuing Horsespit.

College Football Has Returned To The Classic City./color]

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #74097 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Why Eason is the QB
Eason is our future no doubt about that! BUT he will NOT be ready or even close to being ready for the Heels. He still has a lot to learn and his time will come soon enough and by seasons end he'll be one BIG leap closer to be our future QB. What people tend to forget is where Eason played his HS ball at and the competition he played against. The speed of the game in college at UGA in the SEC compared to Washingon is night and day different. He would make some good throws I'm sure but he would get sacked more times than any of us could even imagine and that's not good for his confidence or well being. Not talking anything away from Eason at all but he needs to be brought up to speed in a slow and correct matter.

Ramsey has the tools to carry us this year with our new hungry O line and Chubb/Michel. Ramsey is a stud and from what I'm hearing he has a different attitude and mindset this summer. I'm rooting for Ramsey because I think this year he gives us the best chance to compete and win. Also keep in mind that Ramsey came from a Wing T O and he was behind the 8-ball big time when he arrived and it's taking him some time to adjust and catch up but the skill-set is there! I was told that his progression was way behind the last 2 years but that he knows it's now or never and that he's been putting in the work.

I think we have the tools to make a solid run for the East this year as it's pretty much wide open. But throwing Eason in to learn on the fly when you have a solid player with tons of potential like Ramsey is just foolish. Ramsey hasn't stepped up and I'll be the first to admit that but I strongly feel that with Chaney/Coley/Smart in his corner he will show up big time for the team this year! Again I'm not taking anything away from Eason at all as I truely feel like he has all the tangibles to be a superstar but he needs to be groomed slow and if Ramsey can step up which I believe he does this year, then Ramsey should get the nod and Eason should get some valuable reps.

Of course this is just my observation and opinion! At the end of the day Smart is our man and I have all the trust in the World in him and Chaney, and they'll make the right decision unlike our last staff, that I'm sure of!

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, SouthernDawg

More
7 years 8 months ago #74098 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Why Eason is the QB
I respectfully disagree sflanagan21. BR had the opportunity to step up when MR brought in a QB castoff from a second tier school and flat fell on his face. Could be that he isnt cut out to be the competitor to "win" the job ,and ,Kirby Smart has already given his opinion on what its going to take to start at UGA. If I'm wrong I'll be happy because then I will know that we have had real competition for the QB spot, I just dont believe that I'm wrong.

GO DAWGS!!!!!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc, sflanagan21

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #74099 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Why Eason is the QB
I have enjoyed reading and being a part of this particular thread.

Opinions given, good reading and thinking about what is being said.

Read this article by Marc Weiszer, kind of fits with what I believe is coming out of Coach Smart's mouth.

Kirby knows that "every word" spoken will be recorded and saved. Kirby Smart has served his time, now he is the Head Coach in Athens. That could be and should be very high on the scale of head coaching jobs. All of us know it is, even those in the press, eh . . . .

Opening game in Atlanta, would not be surprised if "many of us are surprised" at the starters.

Won't mention another article that I read today from another site, except for this . . . . Miami head coach in an interview used the word "process". Will say this and know that there are those that both agree and disagree . . . . When you go to sleep on the job, regardless of the job, chances are the "pink slip" will follow. There has to be a "process". Saban and Smart use the word regularly.

Yes, college football not unlike NFL or high school football is a "copy cat game".

dogbytesonline.com/kirby-smart-on-relati...w-latest-on-uga-qbs/

EDIT: Meant to say good to see your return sflanagan21. Still coaching?

More
7 years 8 months ago #74100 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Why Eason is the QB
Growl, I hear ya Brotha and I'm in full agreement with ya 100% with BR last year. But that was last year and I really believe BR was still struggling big time with picking a lot of things up, plus Shotty was his QB/OC and well need I say more haha. Again Eason is our future no doubt but I have a hard time believing he will be up to speed this year.

With all that being said, anyone but Lambert!

Thanks Buc, I've been lurking as usual just not much to say...

More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds