Forum

Why Eason is the QB

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #74107 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Why Eason is the QB
Have read over and over for many years . . . . Next year. That has been a problem with Georgia Football.

Next year or the "two year method" is put "out there" for FANS to remain on board. Nick Saban was capable of the "two year plan", not every coach can do that.

One member on Dawgs.com that often mentions the "process" is spot on. We, you and I have been told to believe that "something better" is "just around the corner". That chatter lasted up until somewhere around x number of years back. FANS have their opinions on the timeline.

Do not care how many five star athletes we bring into the program, there will always be one simple rule that decides the eventual outcome. I refer to it as coaching/teaching. Both go together.

Have to mention this . . . .

Deposed head coach has said openly that he moved away from coaching about the same time he appointed Mike Bobo as offensive coordinator. Failed to mention appointing his choice for defensive coordinator that is now on the Tennessee staff.

Why is it so hard for (some) FANS to understand that there is a "process"?

If you are a member on this board, one question . . . .

Would you take the previous head coach back and send the present head coach packing? I read many sites, have to say this . . . . amazes me that the same "stuff" can be thrown at you and I. The media is doing the same thing they have done for a long time, repeating the same script and apparently getting away with it.

If Head Coach Kirby Smart and Offensive Coordinator Jim Chaney select the quarterback that suits some and pisses others off . . . . I know this . . . . if #10 plays well as the starter, there will be many "I told you so". If #12 does the same thing, there will be "some eyebrows raised". If #11 starts and does well . . . . what can be said other than this . . . . different coaches that are actually coaching our team understood how to improve one of the quarterbacks.

Anyone believe that Coach Sam Pittman has a "proven" record of developing offensive lines? Check the progress in Arkansas. Last season 2015, we had a young man that tried to coach the offensive line, but what did he have to work with? Very good offensive line coach moved to Colorado, but there is a reason for that . . . . the head coach was about "flash" did not understand the "process".

Wartdawg, had the right words for the previous head coach . . . . "No Excuses". Said it over and over, and now I read an article by "Pouty" doing the same thing, making excuses. Have tried to refrain from this but . . . . "Bleeding Heart".

Many understand exactly what Wartdawg was referring to and his words have now met with the "truth" . . . We have a group of coaches that "don't make excuses".

The member that uses the word "process", SouthernDawg.

Go Smart AND Company, the next 15 years will mend some or most of the wounds that real FANS of the Red and Black have understood and willing to face up to, without second thoughts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl, sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #74108 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Why Eason is the QB
sflanagan21, good points sir, and this is a disagreement that I really enjoy . . . no personal issues here . . . just GREAT football talk from guys who LOVE THE DAWGS!

That said, I understand the experience argument. And if we were talking about the experienced guy being Hutson Mason, I'd be on YOUR side in this one. Hutson had a very nice arm (not GREAT, but very nice) and MORE importantly, he had excellent judgement.

I agree - the spring game is insufficient to create a complete opinion of a QB. But I have ALL of last year and the previous two to look at for Lambert, and he isn't going to work out. Don't get me wrong - you happen to be absolutely CORRECT - Lambert WILL START against UNC. And he will do absolutely NOTHING of consequence, other than hand off to Chubb.

I also agree that JE will get sacked. And sacked . . . and sacked. But I'd rather see him hugging the ball on the ground THIS year than NEXT year.

Again, I just don't think we're going to win anything of consequence this year, regardless of who the QB is. 2016 is a transition year in MANY ways. I would MUCH rather go 8-4 or even 7-5 this year and even LOSE the Meinke Car Care bowl with JE at QB, because that way he starts 2017 as a SALTY DAWG! Take a look at the 2017 schedule - whoever our QB is, he's going to have to GO TO Notre Dame and win. I don't care how bad the Irish are next year, that's a tough task.

Awesome thread . . . great football talk!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl, sflanagan21

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #74113 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Why Eason is the QB
Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Great quote from George Santayana and relevant here. JE needs to play THIS year, not next. He needs to take his lumps. Look, let's face an inconvenient truth: we shouldn't expect the world this year. SHOULDN"T.

This is still MRs team. Sure, we've got new faces, but the foundation of this team is based on MR's vision for Georgia football. That vision included a program that favored "warm and fuzzy" over "sink or swim." I'm for a little sink or swim at this point. Throw JE in at the deep end and let him show us what he's made of. What's the downside. We have Jake Fromm coming in behind him and possibly more talent (if that's possible.) If we're going to anoint JE as the savior of Georgia Football, let him prove it. I'm a jujitsu guy. We say "you win or you learn." I'll forgive a little this year if it paves the way for learning. This isn't the year. Next year (yeah, I know...I know) but in this there is something outside of what has gone before. We have an opportunity to grow a real talent that will...WILL...lead this team going forward. Let the kid play. BR had his chance to step up and failed. GL...his DTD name would be flounder for sure. Let Eason play. Let him take his lumps and learn.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl, sflanagan21

• LimeyDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 8 months ago #74114 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Why Eason is the QB
Quit screwing around and "Unleash the bEASTon."

You can use that but I get my royalties, lol.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

• LimeyDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 8 months ago #74158 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Why Eason is the QB
I have NO problem with the "sink or swim" mentality but JE isn't even no where close to being ready to take the starting snap especially against the Heels. We can thank MR for the crappy QB situation that we are in and I think we all agree with that, but I just don't think starting JE and telling him to "sink or swim" is fair to the kid who has all the tangibles to be really good but played his HS football against teams that would be best average class A teams in GA.

No doubt JE should get some valuable reps in meaningful games and as he progresses he should get more reps and who knows maybe he is our starter before season end. All I can say is I'm glad I'm not CKS BUT I have all the faith in the World in him and his decision at the QB position. And if he does decide to start JE then I'm totally fine with that because he'll do what's best for the team!

It sounds like none of the QB's are pulling away with the job as of yet. Sounds like Lambert is well Lambert and Ramsey is very inconsistent and Eason is trying to figure it all out which is only expected from a true freshman. No matter who starts at QB I still strongly feel like we will be better than we were last year and we are only going to keep getting bigger, stronger and much better under CKS!

September 3rd can NOT get here any faster for this Dawg fan!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
7 years 8 months ago #74189 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Why Eason is the QB

SouthernDawg wrote:

Buc wrote:
I think decisions were made, because indecision is a decision. I think loyalties were placed above logic, accountability subordinated to affability, and the decisions all sprang from there. The program got totally out of control last year, and it's in progress of being brought back into control.

Hear Hear!

Great discussion guys...

As far as the results... I trust this staff to make the best decision much more than the previous one, for all the reasons noted above which are an echo of what many here said all along.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl, sflanagan21

More
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds