Forum

Georgia Football Question . . . .

7 years 11 months ago #73638 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Georgia Football Question . . . .
I cant wait to see this young man punt the ball since that is really my favorite 4.5 to 6 seconds in a football game. Most people don't have any idea of the amount of practice time that it takes to be a consistent punter, while maintaining your poise and timing. Punters don't get bored.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #73639 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Georgia Football Question . . . .
I was also excited when CMR came to town but not to the level I am now. The CKS era has a different feel from attention to detail to the new attitude and work ethics of course we will have some players that will have a tough time with their first taste of freedom after high school but with Kirby I think they will be molded into men or showed the door. I really like the attention to the kicking game what a novel approach actually coaching the kickers wish someone would have thought of that sooner. Can't wait till UNC game to see how all this collates to how we play. Not guaranteeing a win but I'll bet we will be prepared.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
7 years 11 months ago #73640 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Georgia Football Question . . . .
Having spent the entirety of my life as a dawg fan, I've seen a few coaches come and go! It's important to remember the "context" that surrounded each coaching departure and the "issues" that arose in retaining a replacement! Point being, Jan Kemp set in motion some complex variables that effected our ability to attract and retain quality, name branded coaches.

It's a lot like an Old Testament biblical story,....The Kemp nightmare prompted VD's retirement from the field to the main office...The brains trust (pre-Mahogany Row) that was assembled to hire a suitable replacement for VD failed, miserably and publicly. So they settled for the ill-prepared, former favorite son...Ray Goff....Goff begat Donnan,...and Donnan begat Richt! ....Neither Goff, nor Donnan, nor Richt were name brands, nor were they the first choice!....Richt did the most with his tenure, but simply did not possess the ability to take the program to the top tier!

Hiring Kirby Smart is by far, the most well planned and well thought out coaching decision made by UGA in decades! Yes, I'm very excited with this hire as it signals a recognition of the mediocrity we dwelled within, as well as a decision to move forward and beyond the past. The bar is set rather high for CKS, I believe he will succeed!....And Soon!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, GooseDawg78, growl

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #73641 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Georgia Football Question . . . .
Kirby Smart and Nick Saban in the videos below.

Believe that the media covering UGA Football are going to soon understand that Kirby is a lot like Nick. Personally, like the way they are handling business. With the fans behind the two coaches, leaves little room for some of the "foolish questions" coming from those that should know better.

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 11 months ago #73664 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Georgia Football Question . . . .
I have not felt this good about the football program since 1980.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #73665 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Georgia Football Question . . . .
I continue to read comments like the one below from young men like KJ Britt. Many say the same thing . . . . Basically, positive change has happened in Athens. Not only do potential pups believe change has happened with the hiring of Smart and Company, many on this board and others feel the same way. May not end up in Athens, but KJ Britt is looking close at the change in the Classic City. KJ is a banger.

“It is real tight,” Britt said on vsporto’s SEC Recruiting Buzz earlier this month of how close it is between his top two schools. “I just feel like the program is about to turn around. Coach Smart is going to make it his way. I know this is his first time being a head coach, but I am pretty sure everything will turn around and it will be a dynasty over there.”

www.hudl.com/athlete/3445596/highlights/315553400

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds