Forum

Georgia Football Question . . . .

7 years 11 months ago #73632 by Buc
Many posting board members and many folks that drop in to read, here is the question along with some of my thoughts. Would like to hear from those that sometimes read more than post. All of us are about UGA Football. Board threads and posts point that out clearly. We like other sports, but football is football. Football is the BMOC in the Classic City.

Question . . . .

Have any of you felt more excitement than what is happening in Athens at the present time? The hiring of Smart and Company, yes it is a "team of coaches". One person is not able to cover all of the bases.

Having been around for a while as have many others, the question should fit with old timers and those that have witnessed the last two, three or four head coaching changes.

I go first. Having been around UGA Football for a lengthy spell, watched the excitement when VD first came on board in the 60's. Excitement lasted for a while. I soon became excited, starting with the Sun Bowl.

Mark Richt arrived, Buc was very excited about the hire at the time. Hire made by VD.

Kirby Smart now the leader in Athens, have not felt the same excitement mentioned above . . . . Kirby's arrival has surpassed those mentioned before him by leaps and bounds, speaking for myself of course.

Have "never" been "higher" on the Georgia Football Program than I am at the present. Reason for that is a simple one for me . . . . again using the word . . . . "Leadership".

Thoughts?

Go Dawgs :woohoo: :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, GooseDawg78

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 11 months ago #73633 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Georgia Football Question . . . .
Buc this is as high as I have been on the UGA program for a very long time, actually since right after the NC we won. How many years ago? 36 maybe? Too long not to even be in the hunt!

Had the chance to be happy when Goff was sent packing, but, here comes Donnan, so no joy in my house.

Now the time is right and I am ecstatic, and not drinking Kool Aid, but here the Dawgs barking and on the hunt.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
7 years 11 months ago #73634 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Georgia Football Question . . . .

growl wrote: Buc this is as high as I have been on the UGA program for a very long time, actually since right after the NC we won. How many years ago? 36 maybe? Too long not to even be in the hunt!

Had the chance to be happy when Goff was sent packing, but, here comes Donnan, so no joy in my house.

Now the time is right and I am ecstatic, and not drinking Kool Aid, but here the Dawgs barking and on the hunt.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!GATA

Chief, you know what team work is all about. Realize that you spent many years building teams at different duty stations. At your acquired rank, all the testing you went through, you probably more than most understand training different young folks requires a lot. A lot of time and patience.

Smart and Company have exhibited patience in my way of thinking. Kirby said upon arrival, not worrying about the numbers game, meaning recruits than can be offered each season.

See where one site is already playing the BS game on which recently recruited running back will be the top Dawg in 2016. Looking for the "clicks". Wet behind the ears they are and they don't know "spit".

Have a problem sometimes Chief when I think about team building and then reading the "stuff" that only focuses on themselves, not UGA Football. Won't call their name, but it is easy enough to find with little searching effort.

From where I sit . . . . If Smart and Company can't get the job done, I give up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, DAWGtm, growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 11 months ago #73635 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Georgia Football Question . . . .
So right, Buc, so right

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
7 years 11 months ago #73636 by Buc
And this . . . .

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #73637 by Buc
Chief, this is another article that I really enjoyed reading (AJC). Not like the "crap" that I referred to earlier from those that "truly" do not know "spit".

Maybe I missed this in the article, do want to add what I like to think I know about punting and SEC football.

HANG TIME.

This young man understands that.

There is no way that Kirby Smart offers Marshall Long unless he has confidence in Beamer.

Not hard for me to get wrapped up in the leadership that Kirby Smart is presenting to all of us.

Kirby comes from a time in the SEC that punting and field position won more games than lost.

I reflect on Richt saying a few years back that he was going to get involved in the "mechanics" of kicking and punting. Never happened. Those that don't want to hear that . . . . there is more. Some folks have had too many "free passes".

Check out the punter for Alabama and their winning ways. Damn right it takes more than talk.

After all of the garbage talk from the head coach about punting, how did that continue to work out under the deposed head coach?

Another article to check out.

www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/1...t-punting-display-in

www.dawgnation.com/football/marshall-long-story

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds