Forum

Bulldog Moments

16 years 9 months ago #4976 by Getdown11
Replied by Getdown11 on topic Re:Bulldog Moments
2000 Outback bowl UGA vs. Purdue

Drew Brees and the Boilermakers jump on the Dawg defense early going up 25-0 in the second quarter.

The Dawgs answer and narrow the lead at halftime to 25-10.

Quincy Carter ( not my favorite Dawg QB ) has the game of his life going 20-33 for 243 yds. 41yds. rushing and 2 TDs.

Purdue misses 3 FGs and an extra point. The Dawgs shut Brees down in the 2 half and keep the Boilermakers from scoring.

The Dawgs respond with 18 more unanswered points and win in OT 28-25, making this game the greatest comeback in NCAA bowl history.

Go Dawgs!!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #4981 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic Re:Bulldog Moments
:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: Since I am one of the oldest posting here, let me go back to that great year 1959. Wally's boys beat Auburn in Sanford Stadium on a pass from Fran Tarkinton to a tight end Butch Henson (not sure of the spelling) to win the SEC championship. The Dawgs went on to defeat Missouri in the Orange Bowl. The first SEC championship for the Dawgs since 1948. The fifties were a time of misery for Georgia, the period of the infamous drought, and I had the distinction of being a student during that seven year period, 1950 to 1957. Ole Thumping Thermon Sapp broke the drought in 1957 beating Tech at Grant Field and yes I was there. As always, GO DAWGS!!!!!!!! :evil: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Member since 1999

More
16 years 9 months ago #4982 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Bulldog Moments
DawgDoc, wasn't it rumored that Tarkenton \"drew the play up in the huddle\" by drawing the pass play on the ground? Also, wasn't it about the last play of the game? I'm a little younger than you but distinctly remember my mother and father coming home from that game as well, pulling up to the house and getting out of the car all revved up!!!

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 9 months ago #4983 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Bulldog Moments
wlayton wrote:

DawgDoc, wasn't it rumored that Tarkenton \"drew the play up in the huddle\" by drawing the pass play on the ground? Also, wasn't it about the last play of the game? I'm a little younger than you but distinctly remember my mother and father coming home from that game as well, pulling up to the house and getting out of the car all revved up!!!

Tarkenton used to do that all the time. There was a game against Texas he did that in, and scored our only touchdown of the game...I think that was a 22-8 loss in the Johnny Griffith era.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 9 months ago #4984 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Bulldog Moments
kentdaddy wrote:

the end sequence where we beat UT in 02 or 03 where Veron Hayes caught that little pass from Greene was great.

That was the \"hobnail boot\" pass, P-40 Haynes, in the '01 game. First time we had beaten Tennessee in Knoxville since 1980.

My personal favorite moment that I experienced was 70-X Takeoff, David Greene to Michael Johnson against Auburn in 2002, where we clinched the SEC East. I was watching that game with a friend of mine, and he left my apartment midway through the third quarter to go on a date. He was like, \"Well, we're not going to win this one.\"

Anyone who has cable and listens to Larry on the radio knows that the delay on cable makes Larry psychic. You get the sound before you get the visual, and just after David Greene let go of the ball I hear \"Touchdown! Oh, God, a touchdown!\" Then I see Michael Johnson come down with it, and I think my head went through the ceiling. Going to the SEC Championship game for the first time, eligible for our first SEC title since '82...yeah, I lost my voice, so sue me!

I also count \"Touchdown! Oh, God, a touchdown!\" as my favorite Larry Munson call. You don't find out for more than a minute afterwards who caught the ball, or how. But the sheer exuberance, the disbelief, the long years of waiting, the surprise at a touchdown on 4th and 15 after giving up on the game...it's what Larry's all about.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 9 months ago #4985 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Bulldog Moments
dapolla, I know that you are much younger than I am but you are a walking encyclopedia on UGA Sports. Don't leave this forum !!

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds