Forum

Bulldog Moments

16 years 9 months ago #4960 by dapolla
Bulldog Moments was created by dapolla
As we near the start of the 2007 season, I wanted to look back at some of the greatest Bulldog moments of all time.

Feel free to post your own. I won't post too many to start off with; in fact, I'll only post one. 1965, vs. Alabama. Not the flea flicker, but the two-point conversion just after it, the one that gave us the 18-17 victory instead of the 17-17 tie. It's really incredible that Dooley, in the first game of his second season, would have the temerity to go for the win rather than the tie against somebody as formidable as Bear Bryant. Must've been pure-d hatred from his days as an Auburn Tiger. Here's Bulldog wideout Pat Hodgson on making that catch:

\"The only thing I could think was, 'Oh, please don't drop, you know, the one that's so simple.'\"

Don't forget, we were the ONLY team to beat Alabama, who ended up as National Champs that year.

What about you? Your Bulldog moments? I'll post more of mine later.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 9 months ago #4963 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Bulldog Moments
dapolla, ironically on the flea flicker, the receiver's knees were down when he pitched the ball to our RB who took it the distance enabling us to go for 2 to win the game. Later after reviewing film someone noticed that the receiver was down and that's when they came up with the idea that the receiver actually \"never had possesion of the ball\" therefore he wasn't down......hmmmmm. Ok, I TOTALLY AGREED with the reasoning........WE WIN.
Right now, can't remember the RB's name but remember he broke his leg in a game against FSU.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 9 months ago #4967 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:Bulldog Moments
I think the back was Taylor, and he did break his leg against FSU later that year. It ended his career at UGA.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 9 months ago #4973 by wlayton
That's his name, thanks, memory not great anymore.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 9 months ago #4974 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:Bulldog Moments
Due to my unfortunate lack of oldness I have no memories before 1980.

That catch in Auburn on fourth and 17 or so may be one, but the end sequence where we beat UT in 02 or 03 where Veron Hayes caught that little pass from Greene was great. I KNEW we scored too soon and gave UT too much time and of course they ran down the field and scored.

Greene was the freshman king that day. IIRC he hit the big tight end out of (insert home town here) Ben Watson for a massive gain to get us down the field.

So many great memories.

More
16 years 9 months ago #4975 by wlayton
Yeah kentdaddy, I think the UT game is the SIGNATURE game that gave all of us fans confidence in the hiring of Mark Richt.

I thought on that last winning drive that it was Randy McMichael that made a COUPLE of BIG catches that enabled us to win (could be wrong though).

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds