Forum

The Odds

16 years 10 months ago #4758 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:The Odds
Vegas odds are about balancing the money and not really about which team is better. The opening line is a best guess on how to keep the mony spread to all the teams. As the money comes in the line is adjusted to push the money even.

Gambling lines really are not about football. They are about money. If vegas can get bettors to bet evenly on most of the teams then no matter who wins, vegas wins.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 10 months ago #4759 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:The Odds
kentdaddy is absolutely correct. If exact money comes in evenly on 2 teams then in Vegas it's a \"push\" (or pic 'em) = Vegas wins, is that correct kentdaddy?

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 10 months ago #4764 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:The Odds
Dawg-gone it, kentdaddy, don't spoil my righteous indignation!

I refuse to jump on the \"Interpreting Vegas odds rationally\" bandwagon! I insist upon interpreting these odds as a DIRECT SLIGHT towards not only the 2007 Georgia football team, but indeed upon every Georgia team, especially the 1946, 1980 and 2002 teams, and upon all alumni and fans of the University of Georgia along with their families, wives, children and their mothers! Especially their mothers! And specifically your mother, kentdaddy! In fact, I clearly heard Vegas oddsmakers saying that your mother wears Vol-orange army boots and that because you were a Dawg, you were too wussy to do anything about it!

Dawg Nation, let's get back at them stinkin' Vegas oddsmakers for what they said about kentdaddy's mama!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 10 months ago #4767 by wlayton
Hey dapolla, we can just chose to ignore Vegas \"facts\" and believe what we want...........ok, man, I'm tired of Vegas ALWAYS slighting our Beloved Dawgs !!!!

How's that dapolla? Right on?

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 10 months ago #4771 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:The Odds
Jeez, wlayton, you are REALLY overreacting there...:laugh:

Red and Black, Win or Lose

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 10 months ago #4772 by wlayton
Noooooo dapolla, you've missunderstood me. I'm actually joking about the subject while agreeing with you at the same time (just didn't word it very well). I was adlibing about Vegas slighting our Dawgs in agreement with you.

I'm working out of the house today and am very bored.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds