Forum

The Odds

16 years 10 months ago #4622 by dapolla
The Odds was created by dapolla
So Chip Towers of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution put up the odds (from Vegas, not from Chip) on the Dawgs winning the National Championship this year. We're fourth in the SEC at 35-1, behind Florida (7-1), LSU (10-1) and Arkansas (30-1).

Auburn and Tennessee are both 60-1, Alabama is 75-1 and South Carolina is 100-1.

I have my opinions, as you well know, but please chime in with yours before I do. I'd LOVE to know what you all think about this!

Best odds in the country, by the way, OF COURSE go to Southern Frickin' Cal, who's going off at 5-2.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 10 months ago #4624 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:The Odds
Of course So Cal has the best odds....they are in the biggest media center in the western U.S. Every magazine has us picked to finish behind Tennesee and UF in our division, and 4th overall in the SEC......just like they do EVERY year.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #4736 by Getdown11
Replied by Getdown11 on topic Re:The Odds
Im going to Vegas in a week. I may throw down $20 on the Dawgs just in case.

Go Dawgs!!!!

More
16 years 10 months ago #4743 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:The Odds
UnderDog37 hit it right on the head.

Weren't we ranked behind uf and/or ut the 3 years we went to the SEC CG? So what's new?

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 10 months ago #4752 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:The Odds
It just once again proves my point that the national sports media doesn't respect any sports team that comes out of the state of Georgia. Even when we DO win something (SEC Championship for Georgia, D3 NC for Valdosta State, divisional title for Tech, 14 straight divisional titles for the Braves plus 5 NL pennants and a WS, the NC game for Tech in basketball the other year, etc, etc) it's begrudging respect. To hear sportscasters say that \"Yeah, the Braves of the '90s were pretty good, but they should have won more World Series\" or \"Yeah, the 1980 Bulldogs were good, but Pitt was really the best team in the country, and they had to give Georgia the NC because they were undefeated and untied even though Pitt should have won\" or even them really ONLY talking about Colorado when they talk about the 1990 NC (much as I hate Tech, they DID win a share of that sucker). ESPN -- which really, let's face it, IS most of the sports media -- hates Georgia sports. And that inluences EVERYTHING.

They also have this love affair with the SEC West...I remember in 2005 I knew that the West was weak and top-heavy, but everyone kept saying, \"oh, LSU's going to win the SEC Championship and Auburn might play in the BCS despite not making the game\" etc etc. When it came down to us clinching the East, I told everyone I knew, \"I want LSU. I know we can beat them to death.\" 34-14 = beatdown.

Anyway...look at the results on the field, boys. Forget what the oddsmakers and the idiots say. GO DAWGS!!!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 10 months ago #4757 by dawgs511
Replied by dawgs511 on topic Re:The Odds
Good post. I was at that 'beatdown' game. GREAT game. Unfortunatly, I was at the other SECC 'beatdown' game when it didnt exactly work out good for us...:sick:

• dawgs511
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds