Forum

can somone please tell me wtf usc leap froged the gators

17 years 6 months ago #1973 by UnderDog37
The scenarios are mind-boggling ! We just need a playoff of all conference champions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1976 by wlayton
EXACTLY.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 6 months ago #1978 by UnderDog37
Take all the conference champs, use the bowl format we have now, play the playoff games in those bowls, and have the last 2 standing meet in the last BCS bowl....the one designated as the National Championship bowl site. The luck of the draw determines seedings and pairings. It's that simple.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1981 by wlayton
Simple, to the point AND not too many teams involved.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 6 months ago #1982 by GatorinGA
I guess I am the only Gator fan here so here is my very humbled opinion. I have watched every Gator game this year except one. I also go back over every single play summary from the Gatozone website and relive what happened in my head. I am also a stats whore and somewhat superstitious when it comes to Gator football. Yes, I am as sick as you Bulldog fans!
Anyway, the Gators are nowhere near as good as their record would suggest and getting worse every week. Silly play calling and the Quarterback roulette wheel is insane. I have no explanation as to why we are ranked so high. It has been a mystery to me for the past several weeks. I see no way of avoiding a loss by a much better Arkansas team in the SEC Championship game. They only prayer we have is that Arkansas has no passing game. I fear the pass more than the run with this Gator defense. It’s funny because although I am happy for the opportunity to play for the championship, ultimately, the honor may prove detrimental. It’s just one extra loss. The same thing happened to Tennessee back in 2001 when they beat us in the last game of the season (postponed due to 9/11) and went on to the SEC Championship. They lost to LSU and the Gators ended up with a higher ranking just by staying home. Funny.
My hope is that the Ohio State vs. Michigan game is very close and the looser gets a rematch for the National Championship. It’s only fair as no other 1 loss team can claim their only loss at the hands of No. 1 or No. 2. If it’s a blow-out, then the winner of USC vs. ND or Florida vs. Arkansas should be able to play for the National Championship. This is of course based upon the current BCS rankings and assuming that they have no other losses.
My wish is that an SEC team play for the title. If not Florida, then Arkansas. I am just a huge fan of the SEC.

More
17 years 6 months ago #1984 by UnderDog37
Man, that running attack Arkansas has makes you not even worry about a passing game, doesn't it? They run like an old Veer team or a wishbone team without using the wishbone formation. Maybe they are comparable to the old Nebraska teams.....Not is size, or talent, or in overall wins, but just in their ability to run it on every down. I dont think the Gators can hang with em, either......no would UGA this year. It's just a shame that they wont be given consideration in the BCS picture, even though they have went thru the SEC unscathed so far. Still, there is the matter of those bad ol LSU Tiggers that they still have to play, and who knows how that will turn out with that defense they have......

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds