Forum

How long are we going to go like this!!!!!!!!!!

17 years 6 months ago #1249 by wlayton
Mark has won 2 SEC Championships in the last 5 years and played for a 3rd Championship. But what you are obviously not seeing is the big picture (and most important picture). Mark has molded so many young kids into life lessons that they will hopefully take with them the rest of their lives. Sure, I want to win EVERY game but there's more to these kids lives and future than winning a ballgame and Mark has incorporated winning championships along with the life lessons these kids take with them when they leave UGA. I can't think of anyone that I would rather have to coach my son not only in the sport but as an important example of what IS important in life.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 6 months ago #1251 by southernlover
Replied by southernlover on topic Re: How long are we going to go like this!!!!!!!!!!
I doubt we will see OSU vs Michigan in the BCS championship since they play the last game of the regular season. I think you will see Ohio St. and West Virginia with WV winning in a shocker.

More
17 years 6 months ago #1252 by UnderDog37
Well said, wlayton. CMR has won 2 titles after we went 22 years without one. Does anyone remember Ray Goff? How about Jim Donnan? I dont think anyone on this forum would like to go back to those days. Those games are over and done with, and even coaches make mistakes. The bottom line is, we shouldn't have let WV score 28 unanswered points before we woke up in the second half and only allowed them 10 the rest of the way.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1254 by UnderDog37
I will tell you something else...if any of my 3 sons ever is fortunate enough to be recruited by Mark Richt, I sure would be thrilled to have them play for such an outstanding coach and man. It sure would be better than having them go play at Thug U.....

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1255 by kentdaddy
I agree Richt is a great coach. I just prefer a more assertive style of leadership. It is a matter of preference. I do admit teaching young men to accept responsibilty and be leaders is important. I am merely expressing my opinion. Some may like it some may not. If kids get all the way to college and still need ample molding from a coach then parents have failed.

I am eternally grateful for the SEC championships and the return to winning ways. I just like to see a little passion or fire.

I would never support any school like Thug U. I actually think we should adopt stricter policies toward student behavior. No DUIs or arrests allowed at all. One strike and you are out. Know the boundaries when you come in and then live by them.

No player or coach is above criticism. Losing to Vandy because our players seem as though they were unprepared is unacceptable in anything other than the math olympics.

This really has nothing to do with someones kids going to play for coach. It has to do with criticism of decisions made. And the criticisms are fair.

More
17 years 6 months ago #1256 by jacketexterminator24
Replied by jacketexterminator24 on topic Re: How long are we going to go like this!!!!!!!!!!
I'm saying that Michigan and OSU will play as a No.1 vs. No.2 game during the regular season. I agree on the BCS game, though.[/quote]

• jacketexterminator24
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds