Forum

How long are we going to go like this!!!!!!!!!!

17 years 6 months ago #1257 by norcodawg
I agree with you kentdaddy, many times I would have like to see CMR tear into somebody when they miss an assignment, miss a block , or run the wrong route. The "Tom Landry like" emotions on the sidelines from CMR and Willie M seems to be the same lack of intensity we see on the feild from the players. It seems the only time the players play with emotion is when we are behind. This year with no leadership on the field and no emotion from the coaches,we play FLAT and then we LOSE !!!!!!!!!!
Remember how fired up VanGorder would get on the sidelines.... man I miss his intensity!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• norcodawg
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1263 by kentdaddy
Thank You!

That is my point. We need more intensity. I also think it is naive for anyone here to believe the State of Georgia is paying coach Richt for anything other than winning football games. If he teaches some guys life lessons that is great, but if he goes 6-5 too often he will be gone. In that way UGA is no different than Miami, FSU or any other big time school. Winning is the only thing if coaches want to stay employed.

I really enjoy talking to you guys. Thanks

More
17 years 6 months ago #1264 by dawg1454
kent i def agree with you that uwv should be in the play offs even thou they dont really play anyone. and i def dont wont to go back 2 8-4 0r 7-5 seasons :( back in to donnon days and yes id like to see alittle more emotion but for the most part he gets the job done.but what do yall think about a playoff situation cause without it i dont think uwv has a shot at playing for the national title cause of the bcs. and i do agree that we need van back but he is gone so will have to settle with willie now. and how came we dont have any leadership of the offense like in yrs past with greene and shockley it seems like were chickens with ours heads cut off on offense. and thanks agian for the responses.

• dawg1454
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1265 by dapolla
I don't like where this thread is going. Who said anything at all about going back to the days of Donnan or Goff?

a) Donnan went 40-9. His 9 losses were to Tech, Auburn, Tennessee and Florida. That's what killed him.
b) Donnan squandered talent. Richt takes hidden talent and makes it shine. Come on, other than David Pollack and Greg Blue, how many NATURAL talents did Richt get? He wasn't handed Eric Zeier or Quincy Carter or Rodney Hampton or Garrison Hearst. Or Hines Ward. Or Jon Stinchcomb, or Champ Bailey.
c) One year is one year. Although we hate him, take the Great Pumpkin. 2004 he goes to the SEC Championship game. 2005 is by all accounts an aberration. An enjoyable aberration, but an aberration nonetheless. This year, they're really good again, a Tennessee team that you'd be proud of beating. This is a bad year. We're lucky we have a weak schedule, or we'd probably be looking at a best-case of 5-7 or 4-8, instead of 7-5 and a bowl game.
d) Remember the first three games? The defense played out of its mind. They need to regain focus and make adjustments, yes. Someone -- Richt, probably -- needs to sit down with Willie and make him understand that you don't screw up that badly in Athens and get away with it. But if we can regain our identity on the other side of the ball, we can still make noise this year. After all: Tennessee beat LSU last year. Florida had a rotten year in 2003 and was the only team to beat LSU all year. Indiana just beat Iowa. Things happen.

So cool out. It's not the end of the world just because we lost to Vandy. It only feels like it. I guarantee you Richt is a better coach than Goff. After all, FSU boosters and the U of Miami never tried to lure Ray Goff away from Sanford Stadium.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
17 years 6 months ago #1266 by UnderDog37
Yes. What it comes down to is good player leadership, and we haven't had that on either side of the ball thus far.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1268 by wlayton
kentdaddy, 3 things: (1) if Richt goes 6-5 too often then he's gone??? Have you LOOKED at his record? Man everybody is getting so bent out of shape and think the world is coming to the end just because we aren't playing at our normal level, geez, lighten up!! He will straighten it out. Mark's winning % is about as good as anyone's in the SEC over last 5 years (don't know actual ranking) (2) I certainly believe in intensity as well but not all coaches have that style AND they still WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS, is everybody forgetting that? (3) Myself, as well as other parents certainly take exception to your statement that if our kids nead more molding when they go of to college, then I have FAILED as a parent !! Maybe this isn't applicable to you but we all learn life lessons from people and situations our WHOLE life. And I hope to KEEP learning life lessons to make me a much better person, father, husband etc. Guess I haven't mastered the life thing like you must have.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds