Forum

Richt to Ruins.........

16 years 6 months ago #7463 by dawg3447
Richt to Ruins......... was created by dawg3447
I posted this as a reply to \"Our Problem\" post. Wrong, the real problem starts at the top. Since Richt has got to athens, there has been discipline problems across the board. That shows a weakness in authority. This has inevitably carried over onto the practice and playing field. Greene didn't have better receivers, he had a better O-Line, as well as D.J. pushing him to be consistent. Since receivers were brought up, Whoever the receiving coach is needs to be fined, and beaten, Look at the talent we have had, Gibson, Brown, Bailey, Massaqui..etc. All very talented but flopped in the long run, this a sign of poor coaching. Regardless of the stats, the defense has gotten progressively worse since Martinez, Van Gorder would have never allowed the past 2 UT games to happen. The play calling is in regression as well, Richt was never a good play caller at FSU let alone with us, He just had amazing talent in a league that nobody could match up with. Well this aint FSU or the ACC. We have the talent but so does the rest of the SEC.The retardation that has cost Thomas brown and Lumpkin at the hands of Bobo, and lack of oversight by Richt should never be accepted in Athens. In the off season Mark went to speak with CEO's from fortune 500 companies about leadership, I pray I am not invested in any of these corporations, based on the current results. By the way how did Bobo get the job anyway? Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't he the one that came out in the Banner Herald saying that the taunts from the fans made him want to kill himself when he was the starting QB? This is who you sign on as a play caller, that decision alone would have signaled his lack of concern for the success of the program. Then after a \"Tough\" which should not have been win at Vandy the only time you show emotion is at the end of the game grabbing players. What a moron there is a difference between class and fear that someone might say something bad about you, he is more scared of the media than he is concerned about the play of our team. He is weak, will always be weak, He is not nor will he ever be an SEC coach and any of you who know anything about the conference know that this is true. Stop saying that He is a good coach but...... Wrong He is a lousy coach, a weak leader in a sport where strength is critical. Martinez, Bobo are his coaches and his doing so he is to blame. Mark is a good recruiter thats it, we won a SEC championship off of the talent he got, not his coaching. Well if that is the case let the talent play and shut your mouth. Still not convinced that he is less than smart, Name 1 other Div ! contending team who allows their starting QB to be a starter on special teams..... I raise you a Joe T. nuff said.
I love my Dawgs and have for my entire life, no matter what happens, but this is the first year that I wished we lost every game just to get Mark and the rest of the clowns fired. Stop saying that he is a good coach because what determines that, your record. Stop saying he has a good road record because they conveniently leave off the UF losses. He and his staff needs to go and I will help move them if necessary!!!!!!! Dooley please save us! You can throw all of the stats out there you want but as a true Dawg fan you know our boys are playing like they are coached to play and this is beyond disgusting.........
Stop drinking the Kool-Aid realize that the head coach is the problem and fire this baboon before he wrecks our great program.
Still dont believe me about Mark, I was at both UGA/UT games a while back in which David Greene was struggling, Shockley comes in and moves the ball, out comes D.J. games lost. Both times, I liked David, but when you cant get it done lets turn to our bench and talent thats what you recruit them for. Need even more proof, Rodney Garner has consistently put high caliber defenders in the NFL Seymour, Stroud, Bailey,Mo Lewis, Randall Godfrey, Orantes Grant, Tony Milton, Brandon Miller(DL), Wil Witherspoon, Jermaine Phillips, Josh Mallard & Jason Fergeuson to name a few but Martinez is the DC.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dawg3447
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 6 months ago #7465 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Richt to Ruins.........
Since you know everything, why don't you apply for the job?

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 6 months ago #7468 by dawg3447
Replied by dawg3447 on topic Re:Richt to Ruins.........
Wow, thats cute, I assume they dont have an age minimum for this forum. with a comment like that! Can some adult UGA fans chime in................

• dawg3447
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 6 months ago #7471 by Getdown11
Replied by Getdown11 on topic Re:Richt to Ruins.........
I like Richt as a head coach. I think Bobo is doing a decent job with what he has. Plus I also believe Bobo isn't exactly calling all the offensive shots. The O-line just plain stinks right now. I agree we need a new receivers coach. I used to get mad when the media called our receiver corp mediocre. I now know they are sub-par at best. Baily seems to be the only consistent option. Massaquoi shows flashes of brilliance, and Goodman looks solid at times unfortunately nobody brings their A game week in and week out. Our running game looks good but I think we need to quit platooning and give the best guy the chance to get in a rhythm and make plays. I can only imagine what KnowMo would do if the line was better.

As for on the defensive side of the ball, where should I start. I think our front four is undersized. Our LB corp is lacking the fundamentals. Cant stop the run with arm tackles. Our pass defense is weak. Our offensive scheme is predictable and vanilla. We don't blitz much, but still give up the big passing plays. When we do blitz its poorly disguised and we still don't get pressure on the opponents QB. The D looks good on paper but we still have to play a couple of teams with competent offenses and I truly believe we are going to get totally exposed. I like Richt and Bobo but I do honestly believe Richt may be forced to do something when the D gets torched more as the season goes on.

Just my $.02

Go Dawgs!!!!

More
16 years 6 months ago #7478 by dawg3447
Replied by dawg3447 on topic Re:Richt to Ruins.........
1st Thanks for the intelligent response, Not that I agree , with the Bobo and Richt but time will tell, I am in 100% agreement with your \"Best man run it\" statement. The last time we had a 100 yard rusher was when. Ware could have dine it in the early years, Brown could have done it if Whoever is calling the plays stop running him up the middle, Knowshon is the best talent we have had since R. Edwards. There is no excuse for the defense and the initial thing that turned me against Martinez was his statement after last years UT game. \"I don't think I should apologize for anything\". What kind of coach is dumb enough to make a statement like that in the S.E.C. especially after a performance like that? Like I said I think Mark is a phenomenal recruiter, much akin to Mack Brown at Texas, but like Brown he is weak as a coach. No matter what you think about the two ultimately Richt is responsible for the play calling on both sides of the ball, thats what he gets nicely paid for. So he inevitably has to shoulder the blame!

• dawg3447
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 6 months ago #7481 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re:Richt to Ruins.........
In the ruthless jungle of SEC coaching, time will sort things out. I think we already know the Richt honeymoon is over. (9-4,8-5 seasons aren't going to cut it with Georgia fans.) We have the talent to take it to the next level. I don't have all the answers. Personally, I think CMR's an honorable person BUT I do miss the intensity of Vince and Erk. What really bugs me is the wait until next year excuse. There are no excuses for SEC coaches. Like it or not, win or be gone. You're only as good as your last game. Go Dawgs!

More
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds