Forum

Blog Reporters

16 years 7 months ago #7045 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re:Blog Reporters
sadlerdawg, how right you are posting this clip. Same coach that helped pull off the OT win in Bama. Guess that it is in the \"blood lines.\" Seems awful quiet on the defensive side of the ball, especially from the DC. . . . . If he thinks that it is loud now, don't slip this weekend. ESPN2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 7 months ago #7046 by Buc
Lady . . . . you are serious about your Dawgs . . . . . you go girl . . . . .Nice having you up on the board.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 7 months ago #7047 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Blog Reporters
ALL EYES will be on WM's performance. Still though, one game didn't break him and the one this weekend won't make him either.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #7051 by Buc
The following is a quote from a David Ching article in the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer. David covers UGA for this newspaper.

EMOTION/INTENSITY

The most frequently noted problem last weekend was that the Bulldogs came out flat. With a host of reasons to start strong -- pride after a poor start to the season, coach Phil Fulmer's job security, staying alive in the SEC East race -- the Vols showed a great deal of fire early in the game. And the Bulldogs rolled over and went down 28-0 by halftime.

\"Emotion always plays a big role, and I think emotion played a big role on Saturday,\" defensive end Rod Battle said. \"They had all the emotion and momentum on their side and before we even caught a whiff of it, we were down 28 points.\"

That problem creates a host of other questions. How can the Bulldogs not have been up for a big conference game with their division title hopes hanging in the balance? And how do they rebound from that performance and play with the intensity that was missing last weekend?

\"We really just need to put our foot down and say, 'No mas.' We just can't give in anymore,\" safety Reshad Jones said. \"We don't want Tennessee to beat us two weeks in a row.\"

I added the bold feature to the article.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 7 months ago #7054 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Blog Reporters
You know Buc, just maybe these players were so good in HS they didn't need much intensity, maybe it's hasn't been instilled in them. I guess they were the \"men among boys\" in HS but you had better have the intensity at this level. If they don't have it or never have, well......Brandon Miller is a good example, Mr. HS all world really hasn't don't much and has NO intensity (although played a couple of decent games this year).

Sorry, guess I'm just reaching for what's up.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #7059 by Buc
wlayton, truer words have never been spoken. I am sure you hit the BMOC perfectly. We all have seen it, regardless of when we grew up. I don't think you are reaching at all, have great respect for you and your football knowledge.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds