Forum

Blog Reporters

16 years 7 months ago #7033 by Buc
Blog Reporters was created by Buc
In the last couple of days I have read UGA folks opinions about the Tennessee loss in particular. Went into a blog started by Chip Towers in the AJC. A lot of irate folks were letting it all hang out in the blog.

I was really set back with the answer that the reporter gave to one fans comments. The fan ripping and snorting . . . . The reporter comes back in the blog and says words to this effect . . . Those of you that are in this blog knocking the coaching at UGA should be careful. He alluded to the fact that this could hurt our recruiting. We should all understand that the \"enemy\" (my term) also read these blogs and will use that against us in our recruiting efforts.

Coming from someone in the print media, covering the UGA football team, should be ashamed of himself. Not everyone sees what is going on in rose colored glasses. Is this guy paranoid or is he just too full of himself to not only ask the tough questions, but to respect the feelings of others that participate in the blogs that put the bucks in his pocket. His comments were outside the line on that particular issue.

I for one hope that Coach Richt stays with UGA forever, if that is his intention. If he decides to return, if asked, to FSU when Coach Bowden retires, I would only wish him well.

Sorry, WM either has to go, or somehow pull a rabbit out of his hat and prove to many of the faithful fans that he is the defensive coach that MR thought he would be. Many of us have failed at one thing or another in our lives, and most of us moved on and did the things that we were capable of. Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 7 months ago #7035 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Blog Reporters
Hey Buc, when WM interviewed last year for a HCing position, I was sure hoping he would have gotten it. NOW, the way things are, nobody will make offers anymore for his services.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #7038 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re:Blog Reporters
You know wlayton, this is not personal with me. I love UGA. It bothers me when we keep seeing the same mistakes unfold. We had a serious dip last year, and now we seem to be going through the same thing. No personal ill will towards WM, I just cannot see UGA staying on this same path, top recruits or not, there will come a time when someone has to stand up and be counted on this issue. WM's comments thus far have been, more experienced players would not be making these mistakes. I can name several teams that are playing with young guys, that make mistakes, but their intensity level is much higher than what I am witnessing from our Defensive Coordinators players. Players play, coaches coach. I don't see WM stepping up and accepting the fact that maybe, just maybe his methods don't work. I appreciate each and every one of these young fellows that made the commitment to play for the Red and Black. Coaches need to take responsibility for their players efforts both on and off of the field. Thus far, I don't see WM doing that. . . . . . .

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 7 months ago #7039 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:Blog Reporters
Quote of the year from espn.com:

\"We have to have leadership,\" offensive coordinator Mike Bobo said. \"We have to have guys step up and we as coaches have to coach harder.\"

At least one of the coordinators is accepting responsibility.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
16 years 7 months ago #7042 by miss_uga
Replied by miss_uga on topic Re:Blog Reporters
We need to offer Vangorder a LOT of money to come back! (I give 10% to the church, and would GLADLY give 10% to help cover his salary....)

I know that's a little off subject, but I can't go to a forum that mentions WM and not think back to Vangorder's tenure at UGA.

Pardon me for interrupting, guys! I'm enjoying reading y'alls posts. (and YES, I said Y'all, because I AM GEORGIA!!!)
Attachments:

• miss_uga
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago #7044 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Blog Reporters
Hire VG and let WM be his assistant again. Still rather go after Muschamp and Kirby Smart.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds